The Quarry Heights neighborhood, on Wauwatosa’s far east side, has revived its neighborhood association.
Quarry Heights is bordered by 68th Street on the west, Milwaukee Avenue on the north, the ridge above Martha Washington Drive on the east and State Street on the south.
Neighbors Vicky Ostry and Deb Fisher of the 1400 block of 64th Street got the ball rolling, and as of midsummer a core group of about a dozen residents has been meeting to work on organization, leadership, membership, sponsorship and promotion of the group, the Quarry Heights Neighborhood Association.
The QHNA has established a website, www.quarryheightsna.org, and a Facebook page.
The first summer block party for the revived QHNA, set for Aug. 6, will include a visit from a Wauwatosa Fire Department fire engine and the Wauwatosa Police Department, plus lots of children’s activities.
For information about the QHNA, call Vicky Ostry, (414) 475-7000, or Deb Fisher, (414) 837-6264; or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Residents Perform At Sunset Playhouse
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Sarah Oberhofer Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22