The Quarry Heights neighborhood, on Wauwatosa’s far east side, has revived its neighborhood association.
Quarry Heights is bordered by 68th Street on the west, Milwaukee Avenue on the north, the ridge above Martha Washington Drive on the east and State Street on the south.
Neighbors Vicky Ostry and Deb Fisher of the 1400 block of 64th Street got the ball rolling, and as of midsummer a core group of about a dozen residents has been meeting to work on organization, leadership, membership, sponsorship and promotion of the group, the Quarry Heights Neighborhood Association.
The QHNA has established a website, www.quarryheightsna.org, and a Facebook page.
The first summer block party for the revived QHNA, set for Aug. 6, will include a visit from a Wauwatosa Fire Department fire engine and the Wauwatosa Police Department, plus lots of children’s activities.
For information about the QHNA, call Vicky Ostry, (414) 475-7000, or Deb Fisher, (414) 837-6264; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Volunteer! It's the "nice" of life!
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Wauwatosa Health Department Flu Clinics
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned