The Quarry Heights neighborhood, on Wauwatosa’s far east side, has revived its neighborhood association.
Quarry Heights is bordered by 68th Street on the west, Milwaukee Avenue on the north, the ridge above Martha Washington Drive on the east and State Street on the south.
Neighbors Vicky Ostry and Deb Fisher of the 1400 block of 64th Street got the ball rolling, and as of midsummer a core group of about a dozen residents has been meeting to work on organization, leadership, membership, sponsorship and promotion of the group, the Quarry Heights Neighborhood Association.
The QHNA has established a website, www.quarryheightsna.org, and a Facebook page.
The first summer block party for the revived QHNA, set for Aug. 6, will include a visit from a Wauwatosa Fire Department fire engine and the Wauwatosa Police Department, plus lots of children’s activities.
For information about the QHNA, call Vicky Ostry, (414) 475-7000, or Deb Fisher, (414) 837-6264; or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller
- Dr. Matthew Hunsaker Named Campus Dean for Medical College of Wisconsin–Green Bay
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success