Qadira Oliver of Wauwatosa has joined the Milwaukee Center for Independence (MCFI) as director of community relations and external affairs.
Oliver brings extensive expertise in community relations, fundraising and marketing to the post, with experience at the Thurgood Marshall College Fund, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), and the Milwaukee Public Museum.
“My role is to position MCFI as a preferred provider and a Center of Excellence within the communities we serve,” Oliver said. “What I am most excited about in my new role is every day I walk through the door I know that the work I do with internal and external stakeholders impacts the lives of the thousands of clients and their families that MCFI serves annually. That’s motivating and very rewarding.”
Oliver’s responsibilities include developing community education programs and partnerships with universities, colleges and community organizations.
She holds a master’s degree in journalism and communication from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee Center for Independence is a regional nonprofit agency assisting children and adults with special needs and their families to better live and work in the community. The agency touches more than 10,000 lives in the area each year. For more information, visit www.mcfi.net.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS