Wauwatosa Independence Day Celebration
Monday, July 4th – 2011 One Nation One People
Parade - 9:00 AM - North Avenue
The 78th year celebration is one of the largest parades in the state and features over 100 units. The parade proceeds on North Avenue between 104th Street and 80th Street. This year’s parade will include several new marching bands, Floats, Veteran Associations, Antique Autos, and Special Olympians.
There’s something for everyone in the parade.
This year’s Parade Marshals are Judy & Mike Doyle
Founders of the Tosa Skateboarders United project at Hart Park tosaskateboardersunited.org
Our 2010 Distinguished Citizen, Carolyn Dressler was nominated and selected for her outstanding community service in Wauwatosa.
Events at Hart Park
7300 W. Chestnut Street
12:30 PM – 4:00 PM - Family Fun at Hart Park
Family fun will continue after the parade at Hart Park.
Jo Don Farms: Pony and Camel Rides, petting zoo until 3:00 PM
Music On The Move: Inflatable Rides and Musical Entertainment until 9:00 PM
Milwaukee Public Theatre Performers. Wauwatosa Lion’s Club Beverage Tent
Children bring bikes, buggies, and wagons to decorate and parade
FREE ICE CREAM FOR ALL CHILDREN PARTICIPANTS
12:30 PM - Children's entertainment including face painting and live entertainment!!!
1:00 PM ~ Parade of decorated doll buggies, tricycles, bicycles, and coaster wagons.
1:30 PM – Poms Performances, Esprit Corps Performances, and Jugglers.
2:30 PM – Games and Races start
9:15 PM – Fireworks Spectacular!
Sponsored by Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
Fireworks will be launched from 70th Street, near the bridge.
Fireworks can be viewed best from the open area between 70th – 72nd Street.
This Independence Day Program is coordinated by the Wauwatosa Civic Celebration Commission. Wauwatosa's Mayor appoints volunteers to this commission to plan and present two major events for the
City of Wauwatosa – the Memorial Day Observance and Independence Day Programs.
If you would like more information on these events, please contact the:
Wauwatosa Special Events Hotline at (414) 479 -8988
Or visit our Website at www.wauwatosa.net
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available