Froedtert Hospital has again attained Magnet® designation as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® recognizing excellence in nursing. Only about 6 percent of the nation’s roughly 6,000 hospitals have achieved Magnet recognition status. This credential is the highest national honor an organization can receive for nursing excellence, serving as the gold standard for nursing practice.
“I’m extremely proud of our entire nursing staff. This recognition validates for our patients the exemplary competency, compassion, dedication and expertise in the nursing care provided at Froedtert Hospital each and every day,” said Kathleen Bechtel, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, chief nursing officer, Froedtert Hospital. “As an academic medical center with more than 1,700 registered nurses, Froedtert Hospital is a regional referral center for patients with very complex medical needs. This designation affirms that our nurses are providing not only exceptional nursing care, but achieving the highest quality and service outcomes as well.”
Research has shown that patient care outcomes are better at Magnet hospitals. The focus on outcomes at Froedtert Hospital has led to the implementation of an extensive array of innovative approaches to ensure continued delivery of the highest-quality patient care.
“We’re a better institution today because of the Magnet recognition we achieved four years ago,” said Cathy Buck, MS, RN, president, Froedtert Hospital. “It has raised the bar for patient care and inspired every member of our team to achieve excellence every day. It is this commitment to providing our community with high-quality care that helped us become a Magnet facility, and it’s why we continue to serve as a Magnet hospital today.”
Magnet designation is achieved through a rigorous and lengthy process that involves the review of thousands of pages of documentation and a thorough site visit by professional appraisers who evaluate organizations against stringent quantitative and qualitative standards that epitomize excellence in nursing service, clinical outcomes, and patient care delivery. Designated organizations must reapply after four years. Froedtert Hospital first achieved status as a Magnet recognized organization in 2006.
Froedtert Hospital is a 500-bed academic medical center staffed by faculty of the Medical College of Wisconsin. It serves as an eastern Wisconsin referral center for advanced medical practice care in 37 specialties and subspecialties. It is a major training and research facility with more than 1,000 medical, nursing and health technical students in training and over 2,000 active clinical trials each year. Froedtert, a member of Froedtert Health, operates the region’s only adult Level I Trauma Center. For more information, visit froedtert.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- FREE Parent/Child YOGA at Authentic Birth Center • Wellness Collective
- Science Students Learn with Depth and Complexity
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Explain How Technology in Faucets and Showerheads Expand Consumer Options
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients