Children ages 3 through fourth grade are invited to get cooking and carry out God’s recipe at Shake It Up Café Vacation Bible School at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave., June 26 – 30 from 6 – 8 p.m. each day.
The cost is $10 per child with a family maximum of $20. Everyone is invited to join in the fun – families do not have to be members of WAUMC.
Participants will explore how Jesus calls us to "shake up" our lives with new recipes for living out God’s word. There will be heaping helpings of Bible fun with special servings of creative crafts, food science, games and music.
To be a part of the Shake It Up Café excitement, please call WAUMC Director of Christian Education Kristin Weber at 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org and download a registration form. Preregistration encouraged and appreciated.
Parking is available behind the church off of Underwood Avenue.
The First Methodist Episcopal Church of Wauwatosa was incorporated on May 22, 1848. In 1868, the 42-member congregation purchased the site upon which the current building stands at 1529 Wauwatosa Ave. The first church building stood until the fire of 1919. In April 1921, the congregation returned to the site to meet in the new church’s basement.
United Methodism was formed when the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church merged in 1968. Today, the Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church congregation is 500 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops. The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts. The church sanctuary is home to a three-manual, 46-rank Schantz organ.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability