Milwaukee, WI , June 8, 2011—Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast has awarded Wauwatosa resident, Colleen Gresk, the highest award in Girl Scouting–the Girl Scout Gold Award. This prestigious award symbolizes outstanding accomplishment in leadership development and community service.
Girl Scouts who receive this award have completed several project components and fulfilled a minimum of 80 hours of work in achieving a project that creates lasting change in their community.
Colleen, a Girl Scout of Troop 4272, worked with two other Girl Scouts to provide school supplies to 150 under privileged youth in Milwaukee at a back-to-school supply event held at St. Ben’s. The girls hosted craft and game stations where children made bracelets and also provided them with a bagged lunch at the event. In an effort to collect the donations, the girls promoted their project through a Web site they developed and collaborated with other organizations for collection and distribution.
“The Girl Scout Gold Award carries responsibility along with honor. When a Girl Scout achieves this award, she also makes a lifetime commitment to being courageous, confident, and a person of character,” said council CEO Molly T. Fuller.
This year a total of 29 young women earned their Girl Scout Gold Award and 150 earned their Girl Scout Silver Award.
Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast serves over 28,500 girls in grades K through 12 in the seven-county area. Girl Scouts is the pre-eminent leadership development organization for girls and authority on girls’ healthy development. Visit www.gswise.org for more information.
# # #
For additional information about the Girl Scouts organization, contact Kristie Arciszewski, Communications/Public Relations Manager, at 800-565-GIRL (4475) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS