The Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin cancer program has received the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. The three-year accreditation is in the teaching hospital category, which is limited to academic medical center cancer programs associated with medical schools.
“This important commendation affirms the standard of care our academic medical center provides,” said Mark Malkin, MD, co-chair of the Froedtert & The Medical College Cancer Committee. “Our patients can feel confident that they’ll get evidence-based care they can trust.”
The Outstanding Achievement Award recognizes organizations that excel in clinical care, cancer leadership, cancer data management, research, community outreach and quality improvement. Compliance in these areas is determined during an on-site evaluation by a physician surveyor. Facilities also are rated in 29 other cancer program standards.
The Outstanding Achievement Award was established in 2004 by the Commission on Cancer to recognize cancer programs that strive for excellence in providing quality care to cancer patients.
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin combine the strengths of Froedtert Hospital and the Medical College of Wisconsin in an academic medical center that delivers advanced medical care. Froedtert & The Medical College are nationally recognized for exceptional physicians, research leadership, specialty expertise and state-of-the-science treatments and technology. For more information, visit froedtert.com and mcw.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22