Mount Mary College will present Ben Merens, host of Wisconsin Public Radio’s “At Issue,” at a free, community discussion on Tuesday, April 19, at noon in North Dining Room located in Bergstrom Hall on Mount Mary’s campus. The presentation, "People are Dying to be Heard" challenges accepted beliefs about the need to multi-task to achieve success. Merens believes the opposite is true and that success comes from “Uni-Tasking” and improved listening in particular. His message is designed to help individuals improve productivity as well as relationships at work, home and in the community.
The event is free and open to the public. Ample free parking is available.
In addition to serving for 20 years as host for “At Issue,” a current events radio talk show, Merens is a frequent guest lecturer to business, civic and educational groups. With 25 years experience in print and broadcast journalism, he is also the author of the audio book, “Uni-Tasking: 25 Tips For Better Listening.” He has held teaching positions at Hofstra University, Columbia College and Concordia University in Mequon, Wisconsin.
The event is part of the College’s “Dynamic Discussions” series, held once a month at noon. The series provides a forum for members of the Mount Mary College community to hear presentations and engage in discussions with others in the broader community on social justice issues of significance in the world today.
For more information about the “Dynamic Discussions series,” contact Dr. Marmy Clason, Chair of the Communication Department, at 414-258-4810, ext. 471 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on Ben Merens can be found at www.benmerens.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- West Allis Central Class of 1979 Reunion
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies