Mount Mary College will present Ben Merens, host of Wisconsin Public Radio’s “At Issue,” at a free, community discussion on Tuesday, April 19, at noon in North Dining Room located in Bergstrom Hall on Mount Mary’s campus. The presentation, "People are Dying to be Heard" challenges accepted beliefs about the need to multi-task to achieve success. Merens believes the opposite is true and that success comes from “Uni-Tasking” and improved listening in particular. His message is designed to help individuals improve productivity as well as relationships at work, home and in the community.
The event is free and open to the public. Ample free parking is available.
In addition to serving for 20 years as host for “At Issue,” a current events radio talk show, Merens is a frequent guest lecturer to business, civic and educational groups. With 25 years experience in print and broadcast journalism, he is also the author of the audio book, “Uni-Tasking: 25 Tips For Better Listening.” He has held teaching positions at Hofstra University, Columbia College and Concordia University in Mequon, Wisconsin.
The event is part of the College’s “Dynamic Discussions” series, held once a month at noon. The series provides a forum for members of the Mount Mary College community to hear presentations and engage in discussions with others in the broader community on social justice issues of significance in the world today.
For more information about the “Dynamic Discussions series,” contact Dr. Marmy Clason, Chair of the Communication Department, at 414-258-4810, ext. 471 or at email@example.com. More information on Ben Merens can be found at www.benmerens.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" – Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Children's Audition Notice for Milwaukee Rep's 2014/15 production THE COLOR PURPLE
- Stuff the Truck for Independence
- Spring Concert "Stars" featuring Julia Simpson
- Cudahy Home to be on Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Three Wauwatosa Homes to be Part of Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- United for Libraries to present Public Service Award to Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- MCW to Host Diabetes Symposium
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event