Mount Mary College will present Ben Merens, host of Wisconsin Public Radio’s “At Issue,” at a free, community discussion on Tuesday, April 19, at noon in North Dining Room located in Bergstrom Hall on Mount Mary’s campus. The presentation, "People are Dying to be Heard" challenges accepted beliefs about the need to multi-task to achieve success. Merens believes the opposite is true and that success comes from “Uni-Tasking” and improved listening in particular. His message is designed to help individuals improve productivity as well as relationships at work, home and in the community.
The event is free and open to the public. Ample free parking is available.
In addition to serving for 20 years as host for “At Issue,” a current events radio talk show, Merens is a frequent guest lecturer to business, civic and educational groups. With 25 years experience in print and broadcast journalism, he is also the author of the audio book, “Uni-Tasking: 25 Tips For Better Listening.” He has held teaching positions at Hofstra University, Columbia College and Concordia University in Mequon, Wisconsin.
The event is part of the College’s “Dynamic Discussions” series, held once a month at noon. The series provides a forum for members of the Mount Mary College community to hear presentations and engage in discussions with others in the broader community on social justice issues of significance in the world today.
For more information about the “Dynamic Discussions series,” contact Dr. Marmy Clason, Chair of the Communication Department, at 414-258-4810, ext. 471 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on Ben Merens can be found at www.benmerens.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class