Mount Mary College will present Ben Merens, host of Wisconsin Public Radio’s “At Issue,” at a free, community discussion on Tuesday, April 19, at noon in North Dining Room located in Bergstrom Hall on Mount Mary’s campus. The presentation, "People are Dying to be Heard" challenges accepted beliefs about the need to multi-task to achieve success. Merens believes the opposite is true and that success comes from “Uni-Tasking” and improved listening in particular. His message is designed to help individuals improve productivity as well as relationships at work, home and in the community.
The event is free and open to the public. Ample free parking is available.
In addition to serving for 20 years as host for “At Issue,” a current events radio talk show, Merens is a frequent guest lecturer to business, civic and educational groups. With 25 years experience in print and broadcast journalism, he is also the author of the audio book, “Uni-Tasking: 25 Tips For Better Listening.” He has held teaching positions at Hofstra University, Columbia College and Concordia University in Mequon, Wisconsin.
The event is part of the College’s “Dynamic Discussions” series, held once a month at noon. The series provides a forum for members of the Mount Mary College community to hear presentations and engage in discussions with others in the broader community on social justice issues of significance in the world today.
For more information about the “Dynamic Discussions series,” contact Dr. Marmy Clason, Chair of the Communication Department, at 414-258-4810, ext. 471 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on Ben Merens can be found at www.benmerens.com.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo