Mount Mary College will present Ben Merens, host of Wisconsin Public Radio’s “At Issue,” at a free, community discussion on Tuesday, April 19, at noon in North Dining Room located in Bergstrom Hall on Mount Mary’s campus. The presentation, "People are Dying to be Heard" challenges accepted beliefs about the need to multi-task to achieve success. Merens believes the opposite is true and that success comes from “Uni-Tasking” and improved listening in particular. His message is designed to help individuals improve productivity as well as relationships at work, home and in the community.
The event is free and open to the public. Ample free parking is available.
In addition to serving for 20 years as host for “At Issue,” a current events radio talk show, Merens is a frequent guest lecturer to business, civic and educational groups. With 25 years experience in print and broadcast journalism, he is also the author of the audio book, “Uni-Tasking: 25 Tips For Better Listening.” He has held teaching positions at Hofstra University, Columbia College and Concordia University in Mequon, Wisconsin.
The event is part of the College’s “Dynamic Discussions” series, held once a month at noon. The series provides a forum for members of the Mount Mary College community to hear presentations and engage in discussions with others in the broader community on social justice issues of significance in the world today.
For more information about the “Dynamic Discussions series,” contact Dr. Marmy Clason, Chair of the Communication Department, at 414-258-4810, ext. 471 or at email@example.com. More information on Ben Merens can be found at www.benmerens.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015