Nena Ivon, Saks Fifth Avenue’s Director of Fashion, Special Events and Publicity for 53 years, will speak at a special event to be held at Mount Mary College on Friday, March 11th. The event is hosted by the College’s Friends of Fashion and Advisory Board of Mount Mary College’s Historic Costume Collection. Ms. Ivon’s presentation, “Designers I Have Known and Loved,” will feature her retrospective of designers from the 1950’s to today.
The event begins at 5:15 p.m. with a wine and appetizer reception that also includes a fashion history presentation. Four renowned designers including Calvin Klein, Charles Kleibacker, Bonnie Cashin and Ceil Chapman, will be featured. Ms. Ivon’s one-hour presentation will begin at 6:00 p.m.
The event will take place in Stiemke Hall, located on the second floor of Notre Dame Hall on Mount Mary’s campus. Admission is $40. Tables for six may also be purchased. Ample, free parking is available.
For more information on the event, or to RSVP, contact Eliza Audley at (262) 691-4770 or at ElizaAudley@gmail.com. More information on the Friends of Fashion and the Historic Costume Collection can be found at http://www.mtmary.edu/fash_friends.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation