Nena Ivon, Saks Fifth Avenue’s Director of Fashion, Special Events and Publicity for 53 years, will speak at a special event to be held at Mount Mary College on Friday, March 11th. The event is hosted by the College’s Friends of Fashion and Advisory Board of Mount Mary College’s Historic Costume Collection. Ms. Ivon’s presentation, “Designers I Have Known and Loved,” will feature her retrospective of designers from the 1950’s to today.
The event begins at 5:15 p.m. with a wine and appetizer reception that also includes a fashion history presentation. Four renowned designers including Calvin Klein, Charles Kleibacker, Bonnie Cashin and Ceil Chapman, will be featured. Ms. Ivon’s one-hour presentation will begin at 6:00 p.m.
The event will take place in Stiemke Hall, located on the second floor of Notre Dame Hall on Mount Mary’s campus. Admission is $40. Tables for six may also be purchased. Ample, free parking is available.
For more information on the event, or to RSVP, contact Eliza Audley at (262) 691-4770 or at ElizaAudley@gmail.com. More information on the Friends of Fashion and the Historic Costume Collection can be found at http://www.mtmary.edu/fash_friends.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- Lindner Receives the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee Community Leader Award
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- A Nostalgic Afternoon