Nena Ivon, Saks Fifth Avenue’s Director of Fashion, Special Events and Publicity for 53 years, will speak at a special event to be held at Mount Mary College on Friday, March 11th. The event is hosted by the College’s Friends of Fashion and Advisory Board of Mount Mary College’s Historic Costume Collection. Ms. Ivon’s presentation, “Designers I Have Known and Loved,” will feature her retrospective of designers from the 1950’s to today.
The event begins at 5:15 p.m. with a wine and appetizer reception that also includes a fashion history presentation. Four renowned designers including Calvin Klein, Charles Kleibacker, Bonnie Cashin and Ceil Chapman, will be featured. Ms. Ivon’s one-hour presentation will begin at 6:00 p.m.
The event will take place in Stiemke Hall, located on the second floor of Notre Dame Hall on Mount Mary’s campus. Admission is $40. Tables for six may also be purchased. Ample, free parking is available.
For more information on the event, or to RSVP, contact Eliza Audley at (262) 691-4770 or at ElizaAudley@gmail.com. More information on the Friends of Fashion and the Historic Costume Collection can be found at http://www.mtmary.edu/fash_friends.htm.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo