Nena Ivon, Saks Fifth Avenue’s Director of Fashion, Special Events and Publicity for 53 years, will speak at a special event to be held at Mount Mary College on Friday, March 11th. The event is hosted by the College’s Friends of Fashion and Advisory Board of Mount Mary College’s Historic Costume Collection. Ms. Ivon’s presentation, “Designers I Have Known and Loved,” will feature her retrospective of designers from the 1950’s to today.
The event begins at 5:15 p.m. with a wine and appetizer reception that also includes a fashion history presentation. Four renowned designers including Calvin Klein, Charles Kleibacker, Bonnie Cashin and Ceil Chapman, will be featured. Ms. Ivon’s one-hour presentation will begin at 6:00 p.m.
The event will take place in Stiemke Hall, located on the second floor of Notre Dame Hall on Mount Mary’s campus. Admission is $40. Tables for six may also be purchased. Ample, free parking is available.
For more information on the event, or to RSVP, contact Eliza Audley at (262) 691-4770 or at ElizaAudley@gmail.com. More information on the Friends of Fashion and the Historic Costume Collection can be found at http://www.mtmary.edu/fash_friends.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde