Dr. Basel, Pediatric Geneticist, Joins Medical College Of Wisconsin Faculty At Children's Hospital
Donald Basel, MD, has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (genetics) at The Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staff of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, a major teaching affiliate of the college.
His clinical interests include general genetics, skeletal dysplasia (abnormalities of cartilage and bone growth that result in disproportionately short stature), and connective tissue disorders.
Dr. Basel received his medical degree from the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa in 1994. He completed his genetics fellowship at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, in 2000 and a genetics research fellowship at the University of Connecticut Health Center from 2001 to 2007. He most recently completed his American board requirements by finishing his residency in pediatrics and medical and molecular genetics at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland in 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS