Dr. Basel, Pediatric Geneticist, Joins Medical College Of Wisconsin Faculty At Children's Hospital
Donald Basel, MD, has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (genetics) at The Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staff of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, a major teaching affiliate of the college.
His clinical interests include general genetics, skeletal dysplasia (abnormalities of cartilage and bone growth that result in disproportionately short stature), and connective tissue disorders.
Dr. Basel received his medical degree from the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa in 1994. He completed his genetics fellowship at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, in 2000 and a genetics research fellowship at the University of Connecticut Health Center from 2001 to 2007. He most recently completed his American board requirements by finishing his residency in pediatrics and medical and molecular genetics at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland in 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Loving Touch Infant Massage
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2014 Officers and Directors
- Suburpia in Wauwatosa,WI is OPEN!
- Klotz One of Four Finalists for the Gagliardi Trophy
- Medical Student Awarded Tylenol Future Care Scholarship
- Celebrate the Holiday Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- C.H. Coakey Announces Promotion
- Enjoy Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert This Sunday
- Milwaukee Festival Brass
- New Zounds Hearing Center Offers Greater Performance, Ease of Use for Hearing Aid Wearers