Dr. Basel, Pediatric Geneticist, Joins Medical College Of Wisconsin Faculty At Children's Hospital
Donald Basel, MD, has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (genetics) at The Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staff of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, a major teaching affiliate of the college.
His clinical interests include general genetics, skeletal dysplasia (abnormalities of cartilage and bone growth that result in disproportionately short stature), and connective tissue disorders.
Dr. Basel received his medical degree from the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa in 1994. He completed his genetics fellowship at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, in 2000 and a genetics research fellowship at the University of Connecticut Health Center from 2001 to 2007. He most recently completed his American board requirements by finishing his residency in pediatrics and medical and molecular genetics at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland in 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22