Dr. Basel, Pediatric Geneticist, Joins Medical College Of Wisconsin Faculty At Children's Hospital
Donald Basel, MD, has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (genetics) at The Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staff of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, a major teaching affiliate of the college.
His clinical interests include general genetics, skeletal dysplasia (abnormalities of cartilage and bone growth that result in disproportionately short stature), and connective tissue disorders.
Dr. Basel received his medical degree from the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa in 1994. He completed his genetics fellowship at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, in 2000 and a genetics research fellowship at the University of Connecticut Health Center from 2001 to 2007. He most recently completed his American board requirements by finishing his residency in pediatrics and medical and molecular genetics at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland in 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW researchers to study treatment reporting tools for breast cancer care
- Thanksgiving Day Worship Service
- Wordsworth Trust Curator to Speak at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Hart Park Fall Clean-up & Weed-out
- MCW enters new era of medical education
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Ensure a Positive Remodeling Experience in 6 Steps
- Medical physicist named 2014 Educator of the Year
- Does breast milk affect necrotizing enterocolitis?
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room