Chef Michael Feker, owner of Il Mito Enoteca, 6913 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin has been nominated in several categories for the 2011 James Beard Restaurant and Chef Awards.
Deemed “the Oscars of the food world,” by Time magazine, 2011 The James Beard Foundation Awards are the country’s most coveted honor for chefs; food and beverage professionals; broadcast media, journalists, and authors working on food; and restaurant architects and designers. Chef Feker and Il MIto have been nominated in several categories including:
-BEST CHEF: MIDWEST (IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD, WI)
-OUTSTANDING WINE SERVICE
Voting is in progress now through 11:59pm on December 31, 2010 online at www.jamesbeard.org at ilmito.com or at the restaurant. Winners will be announced on May 9, 2011 at Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall in New York City.
Chef Feker says: “I create my diners plates, as if I was creating a movie. The main actor
is the entrée and the supporting cast of flavors are the side dishes that compliment it. It is
a great honor to be nominated for these “culinary Oscars.” But none of this would be possible without my “fekerfoodies” having faith in my passion for life that I manifest through food. I also wish there was a category for my family. My wife and children are the stars in my life.”
Recently named one of the top 50 best Italian restaurants in the country be the Open Table 2010 Diners Choice Awards for the second year in a row, ll Mito began ten years ago in Milwaukee, and Il Mito Enoteca in Wauwatosa was born in October of 2006. The restaurants were created from Chef Feker’s passion for local restaurants comparable to those he frequented in Italy. He wanted to create a comfortable home away from home, close to his home, where diners could sip a great glass of wine, complemented by incredible, rustic Italian cuisine in a vibrant and cozy atmosphere.
Feker explains, “The Cuisine of an Enoteca is the simplest of Italian cuisines, made with the freshest, highest-quality ingredients that create amazing, complex rustic flavor combinations. The Enoteca Style menu features homemade pastas, fresh salads(insalati), Piatti Piccoli (small plates), Formaggi (cheeses), Bruschetta, and Pizza. In addition, diners can choose Italian and Mediterranean inspired dishes featuring chicken, fish, lamb, veal, or beef.”
Il Mito is located in Wauwatosa at 6913 W. North Avenue. Their hours are Lunch: Tuesday through Saturday 11:00am to 2:00pm, Sunday brunch: 10:00am to 2:00pm, Dinner: Tuesday through Thursday 5:00 pm to10:00pm, Friday and Saturday 5:00pm to 11:00pm and Sunday 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Reservations can be made on line at: www.ilmito.com . Or by calling 414-443-1414
Contact: Patti Genko Communications
P.O. Box 1428
Brookfield, WI 53008
- # # # -
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park