The Voice Studio of Christine O'Meally, based in Wauwatosa, entered six students in the annual Wisconsin National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) competition. This year, the competition was held at UW-Milwaukee, and two students from Wauwatosa East High School were chosen as finalists in the HS Girls Musical Theater division.
Jane Engelking-Heer received an honorable mention, singing "Times like this" from LUCKY STIFF and "Johnny One Note" from BABES IN ARMS. Katherine Geertsen was awarded second place for her stellar performance of "Gorgeous" from THE APPLE TREE and "Astonishing" from LITTLE WOMEN. Both girls have featured roles in SPELLING BEE at Wauwatosa East High School, running November 12-14 and 19-20.
This was the second year in a row that Wauwatosa East students took winning spots at NATS and the ninth consecutive year that Ms. O'Meally has had finalists in the competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW researchers to study treatment reporting tools for breast cancer care
- Thanksgiving Day Worship Service
- Wordsworth Trust Curator to Speak at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Hart Park Fall Clean-up & Weed-out
- MCW enters new era of medical education
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Ensure a Positive Remodeling Experience in 6 Steps
- Medical physicist named 2014 Educator of the Year
- Does breast milk affect necrotizing enterocolitis?
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room