The Voice Studio of Christine O'Meally, based in Wauwatosa, entered six students in the annual Wisconsin National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) competition. This year, the competition was held at UW-Milwaukee, and two students from Wauwatosa East High School were chosen as finalists in the HS Girls Musical Theater division.
Jane Engelking-Heer received an honorable mention, singing "Times like this" from LUCKY STIFF and "Johnny One Note" from BABES IN ARMS. Katherine Geertsen was awarded second place for her stellar performance of "Gorgeous" from THE APPLE TREE and "Astonishing" from LITTLE WOMEN. Both girls have featured roles in SPELLING BEE at Wauwatosa East High School, running November 12-14 and 19-20.
This was the second year in a row that Wauwatosa East students took winning spots at NATS and the ninth consecutive year that Ms. O'Meally has had finalists in the competition.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo