The Voice Studio of Christine O'Meally, based in Wauwatosa, entered six students in the annual Wisconsin National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) competition. This year, the competition was held at UW-Milwaukee, and two students from Wauwatosa East High School were chosen as finalists in the HS Girls Musical Theater division.
Jane Engelking-Heer received an honorable mention, singing "Times like this" from LUCKY STIFF and "Johnny One Note" from BABES IN ARMS. Katherine Geertsen was awarded second place for her stellar performance of "Gorgeous" from THE APPLE TREE and "Astonishing" from LITTLE WOMEN. Both girls have featured roles in SPELLING BEE at Wauwatosa East High School, running November 12-14 and 19-20.
This was the second year in a row that Wauwatosa East students took winning spots at NATS and the ninth consecutive year that Ms. O'Meally has had finalists in the competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save Our Neighborhoods
- Froedtert Hospital Foundation Names Board Chair
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- January is Radon Action Month--Know Your Home's Radon Level
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Ann Massaro, Brookfield Native and Brookfield Central High School Graduate, Joins Ameriprise Financial
- Member Companies Provide Support to Home Improvement Show
- The Challenge of Moving from a Home you Love
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?