Young Wauwatosa Residents Perform in First Stage Children’s Theater’s PETER PAN AND WENDY
First Stage Children’s Theater opened its 24th season with a fast-paced adaptation of the classic tale of Wendy and her brothers’ journey through Neverland in PETER PAN AND WENDY, now through November 14, 2010 at the Todd Wehr Theater in the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, 929 N. Water Street in downtown Milwaukee. Appearing in the play are young Wauwatosa residents Jordan Horne (15), Seth Horne (11), Max Huenink (11), Mitch Bultman and Luke Mizer.
Jordan Horne plays the role of Peter. Jordan, who is no stranger to First Stage, has previously appeared in four First Stage plays. As for his brother Seth, PETER PAN AND WENDY marks his debut. Seth plays the role of Slightly (one of the Lost Boys) and this is the first time the two brothers have performed together.
This is also Max Huenink’s debut with First Stage. He plays the role of Bumbershoot. When asked what he liked most about acting on stage he said getting an opportunity to perform in front of an audience is his favorite part about acting.
Mitch Bultman and Luke Mizer are Kokens—actors dressed in black to imply they are invisible—who manipulate the puppets on stage in PETER PAN AND WENDY.
All five young performers can be seen in First Stage’s PETER PAN AND WENDY running now through November 14. “PETER PAN AND WENDY promises to be an amazingly theatrical production,” said Jeff Frank, First Stage artistic director. “We’ll have actors and set pieces manipulated in the tradition of Japanese Bunraku – multiple puppeteers dressed completely in black to manipulate the puppets, or in this case the actors themselves. This will allow us to have actors fly through the clouds, travel to magical places and engage in spectacular battles with marauding pirates – all within the confines of our theater space,” continued Frank.
PETER PAN AND WENDY is recommended for everyone ages 5 and up. For more information or to purchase tickets visit www.firststage.org
Saturday, October 23 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 24 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Friday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 30 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 6 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, November 7 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 13 at 3:30 & 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 14 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Todd Wehr Theater at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, downtown Milwaukee
Tickets start at $11.50 and can be purchased online at www.FirstStage.org, at the Marcus Center box office by phone at (414) 273-7206 or toll free (888) 612-3500, and in person at 929 N. Water Street in downtown Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chiropractic care resolves GERD
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- ESPRIT Poms & Dance Team Will Perform in DISNEY in 2015
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure
- College announces plans for parking structure
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help