The Hart Park Senior Center, 7300 W. Chestnut St., hosts a variety of events during the month of March, including:
- 2 p.m. Thursday, March 9: Be the first to learn about 2017’s Day and Extended Stay trips.
- 3:30 to 5 p.m. Monday, March 13: Jazz and Such; free to members or $1 donation.
- 12:45 p.m. Thursday, March 16: Contemporary Book Club discusses “The Master of the Delta” by Thomas H. Cook.
- 2 p.m. Thursday, March 16: Pam & The Accidentals play Irish songs and sing-a-longs. Cost: $3 for members and $5 for nonmembers.
- 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 28: Polish and German Food Adventure day trip to Chicago. The group visits Polish Hyacinth Church with a buffet of Polish specialties for lunch, and then the trip goes to the German Cultural Center and Chicago’s popular German bakery and delicatessen. Bring coolers to transport your treats home. Cost of tour and bus: $95 for members; $98 for nonmembers.
- 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 5: Magic at the Hart — the annual spring tea features magician David Seebach’s showmanship of comedy, thrills and surprises. Enjoy an afternoon of cheesecake, herbal tea and MAGIC. Cost: $12 for members, $15 for nonmembers. The deadline for signing up is noon Friday, March 31 (there is a limit of 60 people).