LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

A squirrel can be blamed for why some Wauwatosa residents lost power Monday morning.

About 23 customers lost power near 65th and Clarke streets shortly before 8 a.m. June 20 after a squirrel ended up in power line equipment and caused a fuse to blow, said We Energies spokesperson Brian Manthey.

Power was lost at 7:52 a.m. June 20 and restored about 30 minutes later, Manthey said.

Some customers reported hearing an explosive sound but Manthey said that's typical of when a fuse is blown.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wauwatosanow.com/story/news/local/2016/06/20/tosa-customers-temporarily-lose-power-after-squirrel-causes-blown-fuse/87142224/