Wauwatosa West girls cross country coach Jack LoPresti had plenty of praise for the four seniors he will be losing to graduation.
"I cannot say enough about our seniors this fall," LoPresti said.
LoPresti will lose Katelyn Hronek, Brigid Jensen, Casey Grabow and Maggie Boyle.
LoPresti complimented each runner:
Hronek: "She is just an awesome girl. She plays soccer and runs cross all fall and has emerged as an excellent leader. I'm very proud of her."
Jensen: "She is just a stud runner; always gives us 100 percent and she continues to reveal what she is made of every week."
Grabow: "An excellent runner, who has dropped minutes over her four years - and a great dancer."
Boyle: "Tough as nails competitor and just gives our team a great personality."
Jensen, Boyle and Hronek were four-year letter winners.
This season's awards went to Hronek (MVP Award), Claire Langan (Most Improved Award), Anna Roghan (Freshman of the Year), Emily Goodwillie (Senior Spirit award) and Luna Garcynski (Manager Award).
Letter winners were Grabow, Langan, Roghan, Goodwillie, Sarah Lau, Tessa Malegni and Caitlin Campbell.
LoPresti also announced the JV winners: Laurel Stutz, Katie Cook, Shannon Wilson, Grace Gabriel, Hannah Doyle, Allie Grabow, Deanna Ross, Julia Tamira, Haley Barta and Zarah Ford.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team defeats Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Marquette gets revenge with 75-55 victory over Wauwatosa East boys
- Wauwatosa East's Stewart, Green combine for 49 points in win over Brookfield Central
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team loses road games to Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes finish second at Bob White Swimming Invitational
- Wauwatosa Tosa girls basketball team drops tough decisions to Lancers, Chargers
- Pewaukee whips Wauwatosa wrestlers to take first in conference
- Wauwatosa West finally defeats Tosa East, 60-56
- Wauwatosa wrestlers beat South Milwaukee, take third in Janssen Invite
- Bailey Berlin's free throws give Wauwatosa East win over Tosa West