Wauwatosa East freshman Celia Ripple qualified twice for Saturday's WIAA Girls State Swimming & Diving Championships at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium.
The talented Ripple qualified in the 100-yard breast stroke and the 200 individual medley.
She easily qualified in breast stroke, finishing second in 1 minute, 6.03 seconds to beat the qualifying time of 1:09.01.
It was a bit closer in the 200 individual medley as she finished eighth with a qualifying time of 2:13.16, the cut-off point for qualifying for state.
Ripple is seeded third overall in the breast stroke.
Coach Russ Weigl was thrilled with her performance.
"Celia put together some tremendous swims," he said. "She is a very focused individual and has been working very hard to achieve her goals. It will be exciting to see those goals come to fruition."
She will be in Lane 8 in Heat 1 for the IM and in Lane 3 in Heat 3 for the breast stroke.
As a team, the Red Raiders finished 11th out of 16 teams with 82 points, behind Oconomowoc (97) and ahead of Watertown (52). Waukesha South/Mukwonago finished first (396) ahead of Muskego (396).
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season
- New records for Tosa Swim Club
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four in a row
- Softball: Tosa East's Morgan Schmanski named Team MVP
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes week with three straight losses
- Sports Notes: June 9