Wauwatosa East freshman Celia Ripple qualified twice for Saturday's WIAA Girls State Swimming & Diving Championships at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium.
The talented Ripple qualified in the 100-yard breast stroke and the 200 individual medley.
She easily qualified in breast stroke, finishing second in 1 minute, 6.03 seconds to beat the qualifying time of 1:09.01.
It was a bit closer in the 200 individual medley as she finished eighth with a qualifying time of 2:13.16, the cut-off point for qualifying for state.
Ripple is seeded third overall in the breast stroke.
Coach Russ Weigl was thrilled with her performance.
"Celia put together some tremendous swims," he said. "She is a very focused individual and has been working very hard to achieve her goals. It will be exciting to see those goals come to fruition."
She will be in Lane 8 in Heat 1 for the IM and in Lane 3 in Heat 3 for the breast stroke.
As a team, the Red Raiders finished 11th out of 16 teams with 82 points, behind Oconomowoc (97) and ahead of Watertown (52). Waukesha South/Mukwonago finished first (396) ahead of Muskego (396).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team surprised the critics
- Gardiner returns large, youthful girls track team for Wauwatosa East
- Sport Shorts: April 16, 2015
- Wauwatosa West's Carroll, Brown set several school records
- Wauwatosa West softball team has 0-3 week
- SPORTS NOTES APRIL 16
- Zabala spark Wauwatosa West kickers over Bradford in opener
- Wauwatosa East tennis team has eight returnees
- Tosa East kickers tie North, beat Madison West
- Wauwatosa East boys track team seventh at GMC Indoor