Wauwatosa East freshman Celia Ripple qualified twice for Saturday's WIAA Girls State Swimming & Diving Championships at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium.
The talented Ripple qualified in the 100-yard breast stroke and the 200 individual medley.
She easily qualified in breast stroke, finishing second in 1 minute, 6.03 seconds to beat the qualifying time of 1:09.01.
It was a bit closer in the 200 individual medley as she finished eighth with a qualifying time of 2:13.16, the cut-off point for qualifying for state.
Ripple is seeded third overall in the breast stroke.
Coach Russ Weigl was thrilled with her performance.
"Celia put together some tremendous swims," he said. "She is a very focused individual and has been working very hard to achieve her goals. It will be exciting to see those goals come to fruition."
She will be in Lane 8 in Heat 1 for the IM and in Lane 3 in Heat 3 for the breast stroke.
As a team, the Red Raiders finished 11th out of 16 teams with 82 points, behind Oconomowoc (97) and ahead of Watertown (52). Waukesha South/Mukwonago finished first (396) ahead of Muskego (396).
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: Players sign with colleges, baseball fundraiser, more
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West sprinters stand out at Kansas Relays
- Boys Track and field: Wauwatosa West' Hannah-Howell, Jefferson shine at Sun Prairie Track Meet
- Boys Tennis: Wauwatosa West tennis team wins three of four at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Boys Golf: Wauwatosa golfers finish fifth at first GMC mini meet
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East kickers go 2-1 at Mt. Prospect Invitational, lose to DSHA, beat Homestead
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West soccer team tied for first in Woodland with 4-0 record
- Football: Matt Kender is Wauwatosa East's new football coach
- Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team has two productive meets