Wauwatosa East freshman Celia Ripple qualified twice for Saturday's WIAA Girls State Swimming & Diving Championships at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium.
The talented Ripple qualified in the 100-yard breast stroke and the 200 individual medley.
She easily qualified in breast stroke, finishing second in 1 minute, 6.03 seconds to beat the qualifying time of 1:09.01.
It was a bit closer in the 200 individual medley as she finished eighth with a qualifying time of 2:13.16, the cut-off point for qualifying for state.
Ripple is seeded third overall in the breast stroke.
Coach Russ Weigl was thrilled with her performance.
"Celia put together some tremendous swims," he said. "She is a very focused individual and has been working very hard to achieve her goals. It will be exciting to see those goals come to fruition."
She will be in Lane 8 in Heat 1 for the IM and in Lane 3 in Heat 3 for the breast stroke.
As a team, the Red Raiders finished 11th out of 16 teams with 82 points, behind Oconomowoc (97) and ahead of Watertown (52). Waukesha South/Mukwonago finished first (396) ahead of Muskego (396).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Danny Larson, it's all about the team
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team bounces back to beat New Berlin West
- Folley, Miller bring home gold at Woodland Meet as Tosa finishes third
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team drops five in a row
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team defeats Menomonee Falls to snap 3-game losing streak
- Big Cheese Classic National Wheelchair Basketball tourney set for Feb. 20-21
- Wauwatosa's Larson wins two swimming championship
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team drops third straight game
- Five Wauwatosa East student-athletes to play at collegiate level
- Wauwatosa's Beekman to play football at Southern A&M