Wauwatosa East freshman Celia Ripple qualified twice for Saturday's WIAA Girls State Swimming & Diving Championships at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium.
The talented Ripple qualified in the 100-yard breast stroke and the 200 individual medley.
She easily qualified in breast stroke, finishing second in 1 minute, 6.03 seconds to beat the qualifying time of 1:09.01.
It was a bit closer in the 200 individual medley as she finished eighth with a qualifying time of 2:13.16, the cut-off point for qualifying for state.
Ripple is seeded third overall in the breast stroke.
Coach Russ Weigl was thrilled with her performance.
"Celia put together some tremendous swims," he said. "She is a very focused individual and has been working very hard to achieve her goals. It will be exciting to see those goals come to fruition."
She will be in Lane 8 in Heat 1 for the IM and in Lane 3 in Heat 3 for the breast stroke.
As a team, the Red Raiders finished 11th out of 16 teams with 82 points, behind Oconomowoc (97) and ahead of Watertown (52). Waukesha South/Mukwonago finished first (396) ahead of Muskego (396).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay softball tourney and field a big success
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays
- Wauwatosa East blasts Bulldogs, nips Spartans
- Late goal keeps Homestead girls soccer team in North Shore lead
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team ties top-ranked DSHA
- Wauwatosa East tennis team second at Beaver Dam Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls almost upset Arrowhead
- Wauwatosa West boys track and field team fourth in Woodland Relays