Wauwatosa East's Kathleen O'Connell walked off with the top honors for the Red Raiders girls volleyball team.
O'Connell was named the Team MVP and she also earned first-team All-Greater Metro Conference for her fine season.
Dakota Powless earned honorable mention all-conference honors as Tosa East had two players make the prestigious team
Other team award winners went to Lydia Hartman-Keiser (Most Improved Player), Carly Manning (Coaches Award) and Katie Drakulic (Spirit Award).
Team captains were Dakota and Chelsey Powless.
"As our season progressed, the team improved more and more each game," coach Katie Beining said. "It was really fun to see the team jell and pick up their level of play against our very tough conference."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nine starters returning for Wauwatosa co-op wrestling team
- Wauwatosa co-ed swim team grows in numbers
- Sophomore Celia Ripple named Tosa East's Most Valuable Swimmer
- Plaisted named boys volleyball state player of the year
- Slow start dooms Tosa West boys basketball team in Woodland opener
- Ederesinghe scores 18 in Tosa East boys basketball team's opener
- Larson earns Tosa West's Most Valuable swimmer honors
- Purifoy, Lewis, Veit named Tosa West football MVPs
- Niles named West boys volleyball MVP
- Football: Wauwatosa West last played for state football title in 1982