Wauwatosa dropped a 113-70 dual meeting to the New Berlin Marlins on Jan. 23 at New Berlin West and then finished fifth out of 10 teams at the Bob White Invitational on Saturday at Tosa West.
"We had a great meet against New Berlin," Hurricanes coach Heidi Goetsch said. "Other than sicknesses and injuries plaguing us this year, we were still able to get some best times."
First-place finishes against the Marlins went to Jack Lutz in the 200 individual medley in 2 minutes, 10.16 seconds and Eddie Galindo in the 50 freestyle (24.73) for the varsity and Jaren Vance (200 free), Paul Gagne (100 butterfly) and Noah Manke (100 breast stroke) on the JV.
Lutz also took second in the 100 butterfly (1:00.17) and Galindo did the same in the 50 free (24.73) and the 100 backstroke (57.22).
Other second-place performances came from the 200 medley relay of Galindo, Michael Siverling, Lutz and Jake Falk (1:48.35); the 200 free relay of Joey Rampolla, Noah Froh, Ryan Polaski and Paul Gagner (1:46.93); and the 400 free relay of Falk, Galindo, Siverling and Lutz (3:34.22).
Individual runners-up went to Falk in the 200 free (1:57.26) and Siverling in the 100 free (58.23) and the 100 breast stroke (1:13.07).
Bob White Invite
The Hurricanes scored 235.5 points to finish fifth behind champion Brookfield (476) at Saturday's Bob White Invitational.
Here are top-10 finishes.
Both Tony Benz in 1-meter diving with 324.05 points and Galindo in the 100 back (57.71) finished third, the top performances for the host team.
The 200 medley relay of Galindo, Siverling, Lutz and Falk (1:49.52) was fifth as was the 400 free relay of Falk, Max Brovarney, Galindo and Lutz (3:34.65).
Lutz took sixth in the 200 IM (2:10.13) and seventh in the 200 free (1:56.38) and the 100 fly (59.83) while Siverling was seventh in the 500 free (5:28.33) and ninth in the 100 breast (1:13.31).
Falk was eighth in the 100 fly (59.99) and Brovarney was ninth in the 50 free (24.31) while the 200 free relay of Jonah Robision, Sam Hieresman, Edward Lei and Brovarney was eighth (1:43.07).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27
- Wauwatosa wrestlers claim Cougar Invitational