The Wauwatosa West girls swim team capped off a busy week with a big win (306 points) at the Rocket Relays on Saturday at South Milwaukee, their second consecutive victory at this event.
Anna Larson, Ashley Lindstrom, Alli Walsh and Rachel Stuberg captured gold in the 400 individual medley relay and Larson also teamed up with Kelsey Kennedy, Lindstrom and Sydney Vander Velde to win the 850 Cresendo relay.
Welsh pooled her talents with Gina Kautzer, McKinzie Holkola and Kristianna Klammer to round out the gold medal efforts with a win in the 300 backstroke relay. Ellie Krummel, Julia Kennedy and Kaitlyn Hembrook teamed up with Vander Velde for a bronze medal in the 300 free relay.
Not to be outdone by their swimming teammates, divers Colleen Seefeldt, Dani Ganser and Tina Hartley also captured the bronze medal in the diving event. Caitlin Renaud rounded out the medals with her lifetime best effort in the 500 yard breaststroke relay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 3, 2015
- Despite loss, Wauwatosa East's defense continues to shine
- Wauwatosa West football team beats Grafton to start season 2-0 once again
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team takes second at Early Bird tournament
- Wauwatosa West boys soccer team goes 1-1-1 at Muskego Quad
- Wauwatosa West girls tennis team nips Vikings
- Wauwatosa East boys soccer team get off to 2-0 start
- Wauwatosa East boys cross-country team has good week
- Wauwatosa East's Ripple, West's Larson excel at Early Bird swimming invite
- Wauwatosa East girls cross-country team looking for good things