The Wauwatosa West girls swim team capped off a busy week with a big win (306 points) at the Rocket Relays on Saturday at South Milwaukee, their second consecutive victory at this event.
Anna Larson, Ashley Lindstrom, Alli Walsh and Rachel Stuberg captured gold in the 400 individual medley relay and Larson also teamed up with Kelsey Kennedy, Lindstrom and Sydney Vander Velde to win the 850 Cresendo relay.
Welsh pooled her talents with Gina Kautzer, McKinzie Holkola and Kristianna Klammer to round out the gold medal efforts with a win in the 300 backstroke relay. Ellie Krummel, Julia Kennedy and Kaitlyn Hembrook teamed up with Vander Velde for a bronze medal in the 300 free relay.
Not to be outdone by their swimming teammates, divers Colleen Seefeldt, Dani Ganser and Tina Hartley also captured the bronze medal in the diving event. Caitlin Renaud rounded out the medals with her lifetime best effort in the 500 yard breaststroke relay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Defense shines in Wauwatosa's first victory
- Mukwonago ends Wauwatosa East's season, 4-1
- Wauwatosa West's Veit ends season on sidelines
- Slow start, stranded runners hurt Tosa West
- New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team wins regional championship
- Wauwatosa Spartans to begin MidStates Football action
- Wauwatosa East beats Nicolet, loses to Packers in finale
- Belknapp, Veit give Wauwatosa West a solid battery combination