The Wauwatosa West girls swim team capped off a busy week with a big win (306 points) at the Rocket Relays on Saturday at South Milwaukee, their second consecutive victory at this event.
Anna Larson, Ashley Lindstrom, Alli Walsh and Rachel Stuberg captured gold in the 400 individual medley relay and Larson also teamed up with Kelsey Kennedy, Lindstrom and Sydney Vander Velde to win the 850 Cresendo relay.
Welsh pooled her talents with Gina Kautzer, McKinzie Holkola and Kristianna Klammer to round out the gold medal efforts with a win in the 300 backstroke relay. Ellie Krummel, Julia Kennedy and Kaitlyn Hembrook teamed up with Vander Velde for a bronze medal in the 300 free relay.
Not to be outdone by their swimming teammates, divers Colleen Seefeldt, Dani Ganser and Tina Hartley also captured the bronze medal in the diving event. Caitlin Renaud rounded out the medals with her lifetime best effort in the 500 yard breaststroke relay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East football team trying to overcome injuries
- Wauwatosa West's Bailey sees kickers as Woodland contenders
- Wauwatosa East Red Raiders return outstanding talent
- Wauwatosa East netters to have rebuilding season
- Meylor ready to lead Wauwatosa West netters
- Wauwatosa Spartans of the Mid-States league beat Chicago Thunder
- Wauwatosa West's Purifoy one of state's top backs
- Ravenola takes over Wauwatosa girls golf reins
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Aug. 14
- Three Red Raiders doing well with Wisconsin All-Stars