The Longfellow and Whitman wrestling teams had strong showings at the Milwaukee Area Conference Tournament on Saturday.
Longfellow finished fourth, only 11 points out of second place, the highest finish for one of the Tosa middle schools in several years according to coach Kent Morin.
Whitman, which graduated 10 wrestlers last year, went through a rebuilding year, but finished the year with 25 wrestlers, which sets them up for success next year.
Listed below are the conference finishers for each team, both for the varsity and the JV.
Varsity had two first-place finishers - Zach Miller and Lorry Venturi - and three runner-up wrestlers - Matt Kubicek, Jordan Boettcher and Sam Kratochovil.
Avery Weishoff, Tyler Klossowski and Ryan Britt took third and Colin Bertz and Cody White were fifth.
The JV was led by a first-place performance by Dion Huff. Harrison Hensler finished third and Sam Dess was fourth.
Leading the varsity was Nathan Linden (fourth), Trey Miller and Josh Zembles (fifth) and Jake Plantz (sixth).
The JV was led by second-place finishers by Sam Barta, Cole Acker, Justin Burks and Lawrence Thomas.
Adrain Coppage, Merhawi Ciha, Zewdei Gebremedhim and Stevie McCook took third and Mitchell Benz, Dominic Demore, Noah Grover, Dan Toohill and Jon Gaines were fourth.
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over realignment proposal (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East upsets Menomonee Falls in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four of last five games
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team falls to Marquette in Greater Metro semifinals
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers win first game
- Football: Wauwatosa East's Kelnhofer to play in All-Star Game
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes Greater Metro regular season at .500