The Tosa Swordfish, the competitive swim team sponsored by the Wauwatosa Recreation Department, competed at Waukesha South on July 14 in the first meet of the championship season.
"Our swimmers we're practicing up to seven times a week, swimming 6,500 yards a session as well as competing in meets during the summer season," said head coach Jackie Jecha in a release. "Now is the time that their hard work will pay off as they are better rested and, as a result, will swim faster times."
Ryan Wood - 25 back (second), 25 breaststroke (second), 25 freestyle (second)
Megan Krummel - 200 free (fourth), 100 breaststroke (fourth), 200 individual medley (sixth), 50 fly (12th)
Elizabeth Peura - 200 free (fifth), 50 back (10th)
Emma Schmidt - 200 free (11th), 200 IM (14th)
Ericha Stuberg - 200 free (12th), 50 back (16th)
Laura Bialozynski - 50 fly (15th), 100 breaststroke (16th)
Olivia Lonski - 50 back (fifth)
Rebecca Lonski - 100 breaststroke (14th)
Erica Kalberer - 200 IM (seventh), 500 free (eighth), 100 fly (11th), 100 back (15th)
Michaela Lonski - 500 free (13th)
Jack Lutz - 100 back (first), 100 free (first), 200 IM (first)
Girls 15 and over
Ellie Krummel - 100 fly (12th), 200 IM (12th)
Kristi Klammer - 500 free (seventh), 100 back (16th), 100 free (16th)
Rachel Stuberg - 500 free (10th), 100 free (11th)
Julia Kennedy - 200 breaststroke (12th), 500 free (13th)
Emma Bittner - 200 breaststroke (14th), 500 free (15th)
Boys 15 and over
Matt Olencheck - 500 free (first), 100 free (second), 100 back (third)
Anna Busalacchi, Amaya Ibanez-Baldor
Regional qualifying meet, July 20-22 at Waukesha South
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's inexperience affects season in close losses
- Six Wauwatosa East baseball players earn GMC honors on some level
- Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale