The Tosa Swordfish qualified a pair of individuals and two relays to the U12 state meet, held last weekend at Schroeder Aquatic Center in Brown Deer.
Elizabeth Peura competed in the 50-, 100- and 200-meter breaststroke, in addition to the 50 backstroke. Megan Krummel took her turn in the 50 and 100 breaststroke and 400 freestyle.
The duo teamed with Rebecca and Olivia Lonski to compete in the 200 medley relay. Olivia and Ingrid Meulemans competed with Peura and Krummel in the 200 free relay.
"I have to congratulate all of the Tosa Swordfish athletes for a great summer season," said head coach Jackie Jecha in a Swordfish release. "We had 115 swimmers on our roster this summer, and each of them have given great effort. With Elizabeth and Megan competing individually at state this weekend, our young swimmers now have seen what can result from extra effort and dedication."
Swimmers qualified with their times from regional competition two weekends ago.
Top 16 finishes belonged to Ryan Wood (U10 boys 100 breaststroke, 16th), Krummel (U11-12 girls 200 free, fourth, and 50 breaststroke, 13th), Peura (11-12 girls 200 IM, third; 50 back, sixth; 200 free, seventh; 100 back, ninth; 100 free, 12th; 50 free, 13th), Jack Lutz (13-14 boys breaststroke, first; 100 free, ninth; 50 free, ninth), Christian VanDellen (13-14 boys 500 free, 12th; 100 breaststroke, 16th), Alli Welsh (15 and over 200 back, seventh), Ellie Krummel (15 and over 500 free, 14th) and Rachel Stuberg (15 and over 100 breaststroke, 16th).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa wrestlers lose a toug one to Whitnall/Greendale
- Sports Wraps: Jan. 22
- Girls basketball: Tosa West emerges from league gauntlet with win
- Boys basketball: Tosa East adds rivalry win to growing resume
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa East grabs quality GMC win over Bulldogs
- Wauwatosa swimmers have successful week
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball loses to first-place Pirates in 2 OTs
- Wauwatosa West's Carroll breaks school scoring record
- Wauwatosa West girls struggle against Woodland West leaders
- Wauwatosa East girls look to turn around losing stretch