The Tosa Swordfish qualified a pair of individuals and two relays to the U12 state meet, held last weekend at Schroeder Aquatic Center in Brown Deer.
Elizabeth Peura competed in the 50-, 100- and 200-meter breaststroke, in addition to the 50 backstroke. Megan Krummel took her turn in the 50 and 100 breaststroke and 400 freestyle.
The duo teamed with Rebecca and Olivia Lonski to compete in the 200 medley relay. Olivia and Ingrid Meulemans competed with Peura and Krummel in the 200 free relay.
"I have to congratulate all of the Tosa Swordfish athletes for a great summer season," said head coach Jackie Jecha in a Swordfish release. "We had 115 swimmers on our roster this summer, and each of them have given great effort. With Elizabeth and Megan competing individually at state this weekend, our young swimmers now have seen what can result from extra effort and dedication."
Swimmers qualified with their times from regional competition two weekends ago.
Top 16 finishes belonged to Ryan Wood (U10 boys 100 breaststroke, 16th), Krummel (U11-12 girls 200 free, fourth, and 50 breaststroke, 13th), Peura (11-12 girls 200 IM, third; 50 back, sixth; 200 free, seventh; 100 back, ninth; 100 free, 12th; 50 free, 13th), Jack Lutz (13-14 boys breaststroke, first; 100 free, ninth; 50 free, ninth), Christian VanDellen (13-14 boys 500 free, 12th; 100 breaststroke, 16th), Alli Welsh (15 and over 200 back, seventh), Ellie Krummel (15 and over 500 free, 14th) and Rachel Stuberg (15 and over 100 breaststroke, 16th).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baun wins three events as Brown Deer trackmen third in Woodland
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team loses heartbreaker to Brookfield East
- Wauwatosa East whips West 11-1 at Helfaer Field
- Wauwatosa West girls win 21st Woodland Championship
- Wauwatosa East returns nine letter winners on the diamond
- Jacksons of Wauwatosa West earn two first-place finishes
- Wauwatosa West's Price wins No. 1 singles championship at Woodland tennis tourney
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays