Time Warner Cable Sports32 is kicking off its fourth annual Viewer's Choice Awards contest for the high school basketball "Top Plays" of the year. Voting began Sunday and runs through the end of the month.
The plays were chosen from Sports32's coverage of high school basketball throughout the past season. Sports32 aired 31 local games this season, including eight playoff contests.
You can view the top plays from all the high school basketball games in eastern Wisconsin on TWC's free on-demand channel, Wisconsin on Demand, digital cable Channel 411. Just look for the "HS Top Plays" category. Each view counts as a vote for your favorite play.
"This is a great way to end the high school hoops season," said Mark Strachota, Director/GM TWC Wisconsin Sports32 and WIoD. "You'll see some of the best plays from the most talented high school basketball players in eastern Wisconsin."
The top play with the most votes in Sports32's Northeast and Southeast markets will be awarded.
The winning schools' athletic department will receive a gift card and the student athlete winner will win a trophy and be featured on Sports32 Weekly.
The following players from southeast Wisconsin are featured on the Top Plays:
Brookfield Central's Seth Mortag/Riley LaChance, Germantown's Zak Showalter, Milwaukee Hamilton's David Burrell/Kevon Looney, King's Alexis Eckles/Anthony Hatfield, Riverside's Jalen Currie, Vincent's Jarmari Thompson, New Berlin West's Dan Sidesky, Pius XI's Larry Fitzgerald/Carrington Love/Dallas Chaldek/Jenny Hagen, Racine Park's Dominic Fumbanks/Jordan Payne and Whitnall's Stephen Pelkhofer/Bryan Nagy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team defeats Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Marquette gets revenge with 75-55 victory over Wauwatosa East boys
- Wauwatosa East's Stewart, Green combine for 49 points in win over Brookfield Central
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team loses road games to Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes finish second at Bob White Swimming Invitational
- Wauwatosa Tosa girls basketball team drops tough decisions to Lancers, Chargers
- Pewaukee whips Wauwatosa wrestlers to take first in conference
- Wauwatosa West finally defeats Tosa East, 60-56
- Wauwatosa wrestlers beat South Milwaukee, take third in Janssen Invite
- Bailey Berlin's free throws give Wauwatosa East win over Tosa West