Tosa East's Carpenter earns All-State mention
Wauwatosa East senior Ben Carpenter was named to the Best of the Rest section of the Wisconsin Soccer Coaches Association all-State team.
Carpenter received votes for the All-State Team, but not enough for the first or second team. Thus, he qualifies for the Best of the Rest category.
Tosa's Ballew wrestles for Luther College
Former Wauwatosa wrestler Micah Ballew, a 2009 graduate of Tosa West, is a member of the Luther College wrestling team.
Ballew is the son of Marian Wasierski and Ron Ballew of Wauwatosa.
The Norse enter the 2012-13 campaign with 18 returning letter winners and eight returning starters, that includes one All-American from last season's squad that posted a dual meet record of 13-5.
Several local athletes at Wisconsin Lutheran College
Several Wauwatosa athletes played at Wisconsin Lutheran College this fall.
Sophomore Travis Heyer and freshman Matt Schmidt are members of the Wisconsin Lutheran College soccer team. Travis, son of Dave and Kim Heyer, plays defender, and Matt, son of Daniel and Shelly Schmidt, plays midfielder for the Warriors.
Raven Kostrzewa, a freshman, is a member of the soccer team. She is the daughter of Kurt and Rachel Kostrzewa and plays midfielder for the Warriors.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Video: Folley gives Wauwatosa program's first wrestling champion
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down stretch for Tosa West
- Wauwatosa's Folley and Reagan advance to state wrestling semis
- Bailey Berlin's 18 points sparks Wauwatosa East girls win
- Trojans crush Whitnall behind Brown, Bartlett, Jr., Carroll
- Wauwatosa's Folley, Reagan, Morrow heading to state
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team crushes Brookfield East to hold second
- Wauwatosa West's Imperiale sees similarities in Wisconsin Lutheran
- Larson leads way for Tosa Hurricanes
- SPORTS WRAPS: Feb. 19