Wauwatosa West crushed Milwaukee King of the City Conference in the WIAA Regional opener on May 29, but then dropped a 10-0 decision at Homestead in the regional finals on May 31.
The seventh-seeded Trojans defeated the 10th seeded Generals (20-3), 14-4, to begin the week.
Anna Radske singled twice and tripled, scored twice and drove in three runs to lead the Trojans. Kady Johnson chipped in and went 2-for-3 with two RBIs.
Winning pitcher Ashley Lindstrom helped herself with a double and a homer at the plate. On the mound she scattered seven hits, walked three and fanned six.
King took a 3-1 lead after two but then the Trojans took over. They scored one run in the third, three in the fourth, one in the fifth and then eight in the sixth to put the game away.
Homestead then beat the Trojans to win the regional title, 10-0, and West coach Ed Raue was impressed.
"They were good, crisp and efficient," he said. "They stayed within themselves and played the game very well; a fun team to watch play. They were the better team."
Homestead hurler Rachel Behnken allowed two hits, one a double by Radske, as the Highlanders used a six-run fourth inning to put the game away.
"We played well but the fourth was sloppy and the season death-nail (in the coffin)," Raue said. "Six runs with hits, walks and errors. We lost to the better team but like I told the team, the season was a huge success."
The Trojans finished with a 12-13 record, setting a school record by three wins.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Tosa East has enough to ward off Bulldogs
- Football: Pirates finally find win column, down Tosa West
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Sept. 11
- Wauwatosa West's 2-point conversion fails in football loss
- Wauwatosa East boys third at Highlander Invite
- Krenzien's goal is the difference for Wauwatosa West
- Wauwatosa West beats Greendale for Woodland win
- Football: Poll: Will Pewaukee or Wauwatosa West win in Week 4 matchup?
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5