The Wauwatosa Hurricanes dropped a 122-59 decision at Shorewood on Dec. 19, as they only came away with one first-place performance.
Eddie Galindo took first in the 100-yard backstroke in 59.15 seconds and Tony Benz took first in 1-meter diving (196.95 points).
The Hurricanes did have three second-place finishes and five third-place performances.
Galindo also took second in the 100 freestyle (54.14), Mike Siverling was second in the 100 breast-stroke in 1 minute, 13.38 seconds and the 200 free relay of Joey Rampolla, Galindo, Ryan Polaski and Max Brovarney was the third second-place finisher (1:41.37).
The 200 medley relay of Galindo, Siverling, Polasky and Brovarney was third (1:53.43) as was the 400 free relay with Sam Hieresman, Edward Lei, Siverling and Rampolla (4:07.63).
The three individual third-place swimmers were Hieresman in the 200 free (2:10.07), Rampolla in the individual medley (2:29.03) and Siverling in 500 free (5:31.03).
- Tom "Sky" Skibosh
- Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Softball: Wauwatosa East batters come to life against Brown Deer, Brookfield East
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East, West girls soccer teams tie in Battle of Tosa
- Wauwatosa East boys track team finishes fourth at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys golf: Wauwatosa golfers win Panther Invite
- Softball: Wauwatosa West softball team holds on to nip Port Washington
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team finishes fourth at Dan Benson Invite
- Girls track and field: Adams leads the way for Wauwatosa West girls at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys track and field: Wauwatosa West boys track and field team finishes fifth at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys Club Volleyball: Travis Hudson earns third straight volleyball National Player of the Year Award