The Wauwatosa Hurricanes dropped a 122-59 decision at Shorewood on Dec. 19, as they only came away with one first-place performance.
Eddie Galindo took first in the 100-yard backstroke in 59.15 seconds and Tony Benz took first in 1-meter diving (196.95 points).
The Hurricanes did have three second-place finishes and five third-place performances.
Galindo also took second in the 100 freestyle (54.14), Mike Siverling was second in the 100 breast-stroke in 1 minute, 13.38 seconds and the 200 free relay of Joey Rampolla, Galindo, Ryan Polaski and Max Brovarney was the third second-place finisher (1:41.37).
The 200 medley relay of Galindo, Siverling, Polasky and Brovarney was third (1:53.43) as was the 400 free relay with Sam Hieresman, Edward Lei, Siverling and Rampolla (4:07.63).
The three individual third-place swimmers were Hieresman in the 200 free (2:10.07), Rampolla in the individual medley (2:29.03) and Siverling in 500 free (5:31.03).
- Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East's Ripple, West's Larson excel at Early Bird swimming invite
- Wauwatosa East girls cross-country team looking for good things
- Wauwatosa West returnees should help girls cross-country team
- Wauwatosa East tennis team has nine returning players
- Wauwatosa East girls volleyball team looking for big improvement
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins 3 of 4 at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team has holes to fill
- Young Wauwatosa West soccer team will be counting on chemistry
- Wauwatosa girls golf team fourth at first GMC mini-meet
- Potter to lead Wauwatosa East boys cross-country team