The Wauwatosa West boys soccer team recently announced their Team Award winners for the fall and Mark Hewett walked away with top honors.
Hewett was named Most Valuable Player and he was joined by Jack Coleman and Ben O'Brien-Hokanson, who shared the Trojan Award, and DJ Dickson who was named the Most Improved Player.
Coach Ryan Bailey will be losing 13 seniors to graduation: Hewett, O'Brien-Hokanson, Sam Hanrahan, Joel Zembles, Josh Fobair, Peter Ganser, Alek Henson, Erkin Ikizek, Tyler McDonald, Jacob Meehan, Jordan Platek, Calvin Stokes and Alex Zimmerman.
The Trojans finished with a 12-12-1 overall record and a 7-4 mark in the Woodland Conference.
"Although we did not finish were we would have liked, it was a pleasure to coach these boys this season," Bailey said.
"They worked hard every day no matter what the circumstances were. They put Tosa West soccer back in a positive direction with how they carried themselves.
"They are an astute group of young men who I am proud to say represent our team, program, school and community in a motivating way. Aug. 12, 2013 (first day of practice) cannot come soon enough."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 23
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Wauwatosa West football team eliminated from playoff chase
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West kickers lose in 2 OTs
- Wauwatosa West boys finish week 2-1
- Wauwatosa East's Potter wins GMC Championship
- Two doubles teams win twice at state
- Football: Wauwatosa East falls to Hamilton in finale