The Wauwatosa West girls had three athletes with top 14 finishes at the Lois Wolf Invitational on March 27, as coach Jack LoPresti focused on practice that week bringing in only a small group of athletes.
"We took a small crew to Lois Wolf," the veteran coach said. "We tried to get a good week of practice in, as we are starting to really gear up for outdoor."
The Woodland Conference does not have an indoor conference meet.
Shannon Wilson had the best performance with a fifth-place finish in the long jump, leaping 16 feet, 4 inches to lead the way and score the Trojans' only points.
Jenna Hui was 10th in the pole vault (8-0) and Rachel Longo was 14th (8-0).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Tosa West kickers beat Falcons, Vikings
- Tosa West girls track and field team dominates in winning Woodland West Division Indoor Championship
- Couri Insurance wins City Basketball Title
- Tosa West girls soccer team goes 1-1-1 in first week of season
- Cavs, Dashers beat Tosa East
- Wauwatosa West boys track wins Case Classic Invitational
- Tosa East boys tennis team returns eight letterwinners
- East kickers blanked Pius, 2-0, for first win
- Ashley Lindstrom named Wauwatosa West girls basketball MVP