Wauwatosa West girls coach Jack LoPresti had three girls compete at the WIAA State Track & Field Championship at Memorial Stadium at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse on Friday and Saturday.
Junior Shannon Wilson finished 11th in the long jump with a leap of 16 feet, 7 inches. In the other field event, senior Zaina Lalk finished 24th in the shot put with a toss of 33-4¾.
Sophomore Elise Ditscheit finished 22nd in the 400-meters in 1 minute, 1.81 seconds.
"Elise got some great experience in the 400 dash," LoPresti said. "Zaina was able to throw at state which was a great accomplishment for her as she has thrown for just two years and Shannon Wilson had a solid outing in the long jump."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Poll: Who will win the Battle of Wauwatosa: West or East?
- Tosa East football team trying to overcome injuries
- Wauwatosa West's Bailey sees kickers as Woodland contenders
- Wauwatosa East Red Raiders return outstanding talent
- Wauwatosa East netters to have rebuilding season
- Meylor ready to lead Wauwatosa West netters
- Wauwatosa Spartans of the Mid-States league beat Chicago Thunder
- Wauwatosa West's Purifoy one of state's top backs
- Ravenola takes over Wauwatosa girls golf reins
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Aug. 14