Wauwatosa West girls coach Jack LoPresti had three girls compete at the WIAA State Track & Field Championship at Memorial Stadium at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse on Friday and Saturday.
Junior Shannon Wilson finished 11th in the long jump with a leap of 16 feet, 7 inches. In the other field event, senior Zaina Lalk finished 24th in the shot put with a toss of 33-4¾.
Sophomore Elise Ditscheit finished 22nd in the 400-meters in 1 minute, 1.81 seconds.
"Elise got some great experience in the 400 dash," LoPresti said. "Zaina was able to throw at state which was a great accomplishment for her as she has thrown for just two years and Shannon Wilson had a solid outing in the long jump."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls basketball: Whitefish Bay girls win regional title for injured Jonas, 31-27
- Girls basketball: Tosa East falls short against Wisco
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa West upsets Shorewood
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball whips Milwaukee Madison
- West advances with 75-4 win over James Madison
- Bad fourth quarter ends Wauwatosa West boys basketball team's season
- Jr. Raiders set registration dates
- Castaneda earns medal at state wrestling
- Boys basketball: Whitefish Bay finds its tempo, downs Tosa East
- Boys basketball: Messmer rallies to beat Tosa West