Wauwatosa West girls coach Jack LoPresti had three girls compete at the WIAA State Track & Field Championship at Memorial Stadium at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse on Friday and Saturday.
Junior Shannon Wilson finished 11th in the long jump with a leap of 16 feet, 7 inches. In the other field event, senior Zaina Lalk finished 24th in the shot put with a toss of 33-4¾.
Sophomore Elise Ditscheit finished 22nd in the 400-meters in 1 minute, 1.81 seconds.
"Elise got some great experience in the 400 dash," LoPresti said. "Zaina was able to throw at state which was a great accomplishment for her as she has thrown for just two years and Shannon Wilson had a solid outing in the long jump."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Danny Larson, it's all about the team
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team bounces back to beat New Berlin West
- Folley, Miller bring home gold at Woodland Meet as Tosa finishes third
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team drops five in a row
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team defeats Menomonee Falls to snap 3-game losing streak
- Big Cheese Classic National Wheelchair Basketball tourney set for Feb. 20-21
- Wauwatosa's Larson wins two swimming championship
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team drops third straight game
- Five Wauwatosa East student-athletes to play at collegiate level
- Wauwatosa's Beekman to play football at Southern A&M