The Wauwatosa East girls swim team won every event and crushed the West Allis Central/Hale co-op team, 138-47, on Sept. 13 at home.
The Red Raiders had two double individual winners as Celia Ripple won the 50-yard freestyle in 26.38 seconds and the 100 backstroke (1:05.17) and Erica Kalberer took first in the 100 butterfly (1:11.16) and the breaststroke (1:21.62).
The 200 medley relay of Hannah Wallenkamp, Kalberer, Maura Haydin and Meg Dewire (2:11.24); the 200 free relay of Margie Van Meter, Haydin, Hannah Bartholf and Taylor Ondracek (1:58.94); and the 400 free relay of Sami Reimer, Dewire, Elizabeth Tuffnel and Kalberer (4:23.90) all took first place.
Wallenkamp in the 400 free (2:24.26), Haydin in the 200 IM (2:41.55), Van Meter in 1-meter diving (175.60), Reimer in the 100 free (1:03.93) and Sammy Jensen in the 500 free (6:44.97) also won.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baun wins three events as Brown Deer trackmen third in Woodland
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team loses heartbreaker to Brookfield East
- Wauwatosa East whips West 11-1 at Helfaer Field
- Wauwatosa West girls win 21st Woodland Championship
- Wauwatosa East returns nine letter winners on the diamond
- Jacksons of Wauwatosa West earn two first-place finishes
- Wauwatosa West's Price wins No. 1 singles championship at Woodland tennis tourney
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays