The Wauwatosa East girls swim team won every event and crushed the West Allis Central/Hale co-op team, 138-47, on Sept. 13 at home.
The Red Raiders had two double individual winners as Celia Ripple won the 50-yard freestyle in 26.38 seconds and the 100 backstroke (1:05.17) and Erica Kalberer took first in the 100 butterfly (1:11.16) and the breaststroke (1:21.62).
The 200 medley relay of Hannah Wallenkamp, Kalberer, Maura Haydin and Meg Dewire (2:11.24); the 200 free relay of Margie Van Meter, Haydin, Hannah Bartholf and Taylor Ondracek (1:58.94); and the 400 free relay of Sami Reimer, Dewire, Elizabeth Tuffnel and Kalberer (4:23.90) all took first place.
Wallenkamp in the 400 free (2:24.26), Haydin in the 200 IM (2:41.55), Van Meter in 1-meter diving (175.60), Reimer in the 100 free (1:03.93) and Sammy Jensen in the 500 free (6:44.97) also won.
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season
- New records for Tosa Swim Club
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four in a row
- Softball: Tosa East's Morgan Schmanski named Team MVP
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes week with three straight losses
- Sports Notes: June 9