Wauwatosa West placed 24th at the Nelson/Daniels Invitational Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in the Trojans' first boys track and field meet of the season.
The Trojans scored 24 points and tied for 10th with Madison Memorial and Janesville Craig. Oconomowoc won the title, scoring 54 points to Arrowhead's 51.
Two athletes stood out for the Trojans - Patrick Campbell and Jimmy Reynolds.
Campbell had the only first-place finish, winning the 3,200-meter run in 9 minutes, 35.15 seconds.
Reynolds had two second-place performances.
He was runner-up in the long jump (20-feet, 4 inches) and the triple jump (43-11).
The Trojans had four more top-10 performances.
Jameson Brock was fifth in the 55-meter dash (6.82) and Demaris Purifoy took seventh (6.94).
Ronald Brown finished eighth in the shot put (45-feet, 9½ inches), and Taylor Floyd-Mews was eighth in the 1,600 (4:36.63).
Other performers for West were Josh Soles, who was 26th in the 400 (58.94) and Tyus Stoltenburg was 31st (1:01.97).
Tosa West takes part in the Milwaukee Lutheran Invitational at 9:30 a.m. Saturday and the Whitefish Bay Invitational at 4:30 p.m. March 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West baseball coach sees improved pitching and defense ahead
- Wauwatosa East baseball swinging for consistency
- Wauwatosa West softball team edges Tosa East in thriller
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: May 23
- SportsShorts: May 23
- Wauwatosa West girls track and field team wins West Allis Central Regional
- Wauwatosa East's Pridgeon wins both hurdle events at West Allis Central Regional
- Wauwatosa East girls track and field team send a dozen to sectional
- Wauwatosa West boys track and field team sends 15 to sectionals
- Red Raiders girls soccer had red-hot week