The Wauwatosa East boys volleyball team had to juggle their lineup this week as they lost an exciting dual meet to Wauwatosa West on Sept. 4, beat Nicolet on Sept. 6 and then took part in the Racine Park Invitational on Saturday.
Mitch Wagner rolled his ankle last week and coach John Simon had to adjust his lineup after losing his junior setter, moving Ben Plaisted to setter.
Tosa West won the first two games (25-22, 25-23), but the Red Raiders bounced back and won two games (27-25, 25-19). The Trojans then won the fifth game, 15-12, to win the match.
Ben Mihelich had 16 kills and 11 digs, Morgan Griffin had 15 kills and 10 digs and Plaisted had 11 kills and 35 assists.
At Racine Park the Red Raiders went 6-0 in pool play, beating Waukesha South, Racine Park and Greendale all by 2-0 scores.
They beat Muskego in a crossover match, losing the first game and winning the next two.
They then lost to eventual tournament champion Appleton North in the quarterfinals (21-17, 21-17).
The Red Raiders have also been without Sam Schulz, John Murphy and Mich Dillon, at various times because of injuries.
This year's team has five seniors - Mihelich, Griffin, Dillon, Murphy and Schulz - seven juniors - Plaisted, Wagner, Joe Oleniczak, Carl Behlmer, Ethan Hughes, Bobby Jensen and Trevor Hutson and sophomores - Brad Larson and Adam Christopherson.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team defeats Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Marquette gets revenge with 75-55 victory over Wauwatosa East boys
- Wauwatosa East's Stewart, Green combine for 49 points in win over Brookfield Central
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team loses road games to Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes finish second at Bob White Swimming Invitational
- Wauwatosa Tosa girls basketball team drops tough decisions to Lancers, Chargers
- Pewaukee whips Wauwatosa wrestlers to take first in conference
- Wauwatosa West finally defeats Tosa East, 60-56
- Wauwatosa wrestlers beat South Milwaukee, take third in Janssen Invite
- Bailey Berlin's free throws give Wauwatosa East win over Tosa West