The Wauwatosa East boys volleyball team defeated West Allis Central in a Greater Metro Conference match on Sept. 19 and then began this week with a non-conference win over Waukesha West on Monday.
The Red Raiders beat the Bulldogs (25-6, 25-19, 25-21) despite playing without starters Morgan Griffith, Ben Mihelich and Mich Dillon.
"On the bright side by playing different lineups everyone got some playing time," coach John Simon said. "We did OK."
Against Waukesha West on the road on Monday, the Red Raiders won in five games (22-25, 26-24, 22-25, 25-20, 15-11).
"We had some good rallies," Simon said. "This match was everything good about high school volleyball. It was good for the spectators, who got their money's worth."
Ben Plaisted led with 13 kills, Mihelich had 14 digs, Mitch Wagner had 35 assists and Dillon blocked three shots.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baun wins three events as Brown Deer trackmen third in Woodland
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team loses heartbreaker to Brookfield East
- Wauwatosa East whips West 11-1 at Helfaer Field
- Wauwatosa West girls win 21st Woodland Championship
- Wauwatosa East returns nine letter winners on the diamond
- Jacksons of Wauwatosa West earn two first-place finishes
- Wauwatosa West's Price wins No. 1 singles championship at Woodland tennis tourney
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays