The Wauwatosa East boys volleyball team defeated West Allis Central in a Greater Metro Conference match on Sept. 19 and then began this week with a non-conference win over Waukesha West on Monday.
The Red Raiders beat the Bulldogs (25-6, 25-19, 25-21) despite playing without starters Morgan Griffith, Ben Mihelich and Mich Dillon.
"On the bright side by playing different lineups everyone got some playing time," coach John Simon said. "We did OK."
Against Waukesha West on the road on Monday, the Red Raiders won in five games (22-25, 26-24, 22-25, 25-20, 15-11).
"We had some good rallies," Simon said. "This match was everything good about high school volleyball. It was good for the spectators, who got their money's worth."
Ben Plaisted led with 13 kills, Mihelich had 14 digs, Mitch Wagner had 35 assists and Dillon blocked three shots.
- Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Softball: Wauwatosa East batters come to life against Brown Deer, Brookfield East
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East, West girls soccer teams tie in Battle of Tosa
- Wauwatosa East boys track team finishes fourth at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys golf: Wauwatosa golfers win Panther Invite
- Softball: Wauwatosa West softball team holds on to nip Port Washington
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team finishes fourth at Dan Benson Invite
- Girls track and field: Adams leads the way for Wauwatosa West girls at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys track and field: Wauwatosa West boys track and field team finishes fifth at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys Club Volleyball: Travis Hudson earns third straight volleyball National Player of the Year Award