The Wauwatosa East boys volleyball team defeated West Allis Central in a Greater Metro Conference match on Sept. 19 and then began this week with a non-conference win over Waukesha West on Monday.
The Red Raiders beat the Bulldogs (25-6, 25-19, 25-21) despite playing without starters Morgan Griffith, Ben Mihelich and Mich Dillon.
"On the bright side by playing different lineups everyone got some playing time," coach John Simon said. "We did OK."
Against Waukesha West on the road on Monday, the Red Raiders won in five games (22-25, 26-24, 22-25, 25-20, 15-11).
"We had some good rallies," Simon said. "This match was everything good about high school volleyball. It was good for the spectators, who got their money's worth."
Ben Plaisted led with 13 kills, Mihelich had 14 digs, Mitch Wagner had 35 assists and Dillon blocked three shots.
- Wauwatosa lacrosse team beats eighth-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa West boys finish fourth at Woodland Relays
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team wins Woodland Conference championship
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East soccer team splits two games, loses Lily Brock to injury
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa East girls finish seventh at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa East boys fourth at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls track team runs away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney