The Wauwatosa East boys volleyball team defeated West Allis Central in a Greater Metro Conference match on Sept. 19 and then began this week with a non-conference win over Waukesha West on Monday.
The Red Raiders beat the Bulldogs (25-6, 25-19, 25-21) despite playing without starters Morgan Griffith, Ben Mihelich and Mich Dillon.
"On the bright side by playing different lineups everyone got some playing time," coach John Simon said. "We did OK."
Against Waukesha West on the road on Monday, the Red Raiders won in five games (22-25, 26-24, 22-25, 25-20, 15-11).
"We had some good rallies," Simon said. "This match was everything good about high school volleyball. It was good for the spectators, who got their money's worth."
Ben Plaisted led with 13 kills, Mihelich had 14 digs, Mitch Wagner had 35 assists and Dillon blocked three shots.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meidl, Michaelis named Wauwatosa East's MVPs
- Elmbrook hockey registration open; Tosa, 4 other communities involved
- Wauwatosa's Plaisted makes USA Volleyball team
- Fort Atkinson offers fall Jr. Blackhawk Baseball League
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Defense shines in Wauwatosa's first victory
- Mukwonago ends Wauwatosa East's season, 4-1
- Wauwatosa West's Veit ends season on sidelines
- Slow start, stranded runners hurt Tosa West