Wauwatosa West announced its team awards and Jimmy Reynolds earned the top honor - the team MVP Award.
Also honored were Taylor Floyd-Mews as the Most Improved Athlete and Damaris Purifoy earned the Outstanding Freshman Award.
West coach Scott Jordan will lose the following seniors - captains Reggie Cole, Brion Felix and Raul Pliego - and Kenny Spence and Collin Joseph.
"Overall, the season seemed to be one surprise after another," Jordan said. "Our numbers were down to start the season and they got worse as the season progressed. But somehow, we stayed competitive and had some shining moments."
The Trojans won the Woodland Conference Outdoor Meet, which was one of the pleasant surprises of the year.
"I am still scratching my head about outdoor conference - how could we win by so much?" Jordan pondered. "Second place at the regional is a huge accomplishment and the 4x200 at state taking second just added to the mystery.
In the end, Jordan was happy with his team's 'never quit' attitude.
"I am so proud of this year's team," he said. "They could have given up at anytime. The low numbers, lack of depth and injuries could have cost us the season.
"I give big credit to our coaching staff to find more ways to use the talent. It was a wonderful season. One I will look back on and say 'How did we do that?' "
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Preps Alcove: A look at this year's landscape for Wauwatosa wrestlers
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa East's complete performance not enough against Spartans
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa West holds off hard-charging Greenfield team
- Boys swimming: Larson's two wins lead Wauwatosa at Kenosha Bradford swimming invite
- Wrestling: Wauwatosa is 2nd after a string of thriller finishes at the Janssen duals
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa West locks down Greenfield
- Wauwatosa wrestlers lose a toug one to Whitnall/Greendale
- Sports Wraps: Jan. 22
- Girls basketball: Tosa West emerges from league gauntlet with win
- Boys basketball: Tosa East adds rivalry win to growing resume