Wauwatosa West announced its team awards and Jimmy Reynolds earned the top honor - the team MVP Award.
Also honored were Taylor Floyd-Mews as the Most Improved Athlete and Damaris Purifoy earned the Outstanding Freshman Award.
West coach Scott Jordan will lose the following seniors - captains Reggie Cole, Brion Felix and Raul Pliego - and Kenny Spence and Collin Joseph.
"Overall, the season seemed to be one surprise after another," Jordan said. "Our numbers were down to start the season and they got worse as the season progressed. But somehow, we stayed competitive and had some shining moments."
The Trojans won the Woodland Conference Outdoor Meet, which was one of the pleasant surprises of the year.
"I am still scratching my head about outdoor conference - how could we win by so much?" Jordan pondered. "Second place at the regional is a huge accomplishment and the 4x200 at state taking second just added to the mystery.
In the end, Jordan was happy with his team's 'never quit' attitude.
"I am so proud of this year's team," he said. "They could have given up at anytime. The low numbers, lack of depth and injuries could have cost us the season.
"I give big credit to our coaching staff to find more ways to use the talent. It was a wonderful season. One I will look back on and say 'How did we do that?' "
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team defeats Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Marquette gets revenge with 75-55 victory over Wauwatosa East boys
- Wauwatosa East's Stewart, Green combine for 49 points in win over Brookfield Central
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team loses road games to Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes finish second at Bob White Swimming Invitational
- Wauwatosa Tosa girls basketball team drops tough decisions to Lancers, Chargers
- Pewaukee whips Wauwatosa wrestlers to take first in conference
- Wauwatosa West finally defeats Tosa East, 60-56
- Wauwatosa wrestlers beat South Milwaukee, take third in Janssen Invite
- Bailey Berlin's free throws give Wauwatosa East win over Tosa West