An outstanding doubles team highlighted a successful season for Kosta Zervas' Wauwatosa West boys tennis team.
"Overall the season was successful," Zervas said. "At the start of the season, the team talked about playing competitive within our conference and we did that. I was happy with the way our guys competed and continued to improve and work on their tennis game."
But Zervas is already thinking about next season.
"Many of the guys made huge improvements in their games and many of them will be coming back next season," he said. "I'm excited for the future of Wauwatosa West tennis. Everyone needs to continue to build on their games and work hard during the off-season and I know these guys are capable of doing that."
State qualifiers at doubles were seniors Alex Chu and Dan Engel and the two were named the Trojans' Most Valuable Players for their efforts this year.
John Syburg earned the Most Improved Award and Ethan Fricker earned the Coaches Award.
Zervas will lose four players to graduation - Chu, Engel, Fricker and John Kay.
Returning letter winners next year will be Syburg, Brian Carlson, Adam Carlson, Matt Stolz, John Schmutzer, Jack Coleman, Jared Morzinski, James Kruel-Thompson, Jordan Kruel-Thompson, Oliver Niles and Abeshiek Janardan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team wins Shorewood Invite
- Wauwatosa East boys go 3-1 at Racine Park invite
- Mystery Photo Contest: Sept. 18
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa West netters win two conference matches
- Wauwatosa East's Potter takes second at Rocket Invite
- Wauwatosa West swimmers whip Greendale
- Wauwatosa East drops key GMC match to Lancers
- Wauwatosa East girls finish 7th at Rocket Invitational
- Football: Tosa East has enough to ward off Bulldogs