The Wauwatosa West boys finished their regular season with a 15-game losing streak, which included 13 straight defeats in the Woodland Conference.
The 79-50 loss at New Berlin Eisenhower on Feb. 22 left the Trojans in last place in the six-team Black Division (2-15) with a 2-20 overall record.
The young Trojans stayed in the game with a 16-11 first quarter, but the Lions (13-4, 17-5) went on a 27-9 tear in the second quarter to take a 43-20 halftime lead.
But Tosa West didn't quit and went on a 19-10 run in the third quarter to cut the lead to a manageable 53-39 deficit. Unfortunately, Ike had an impressive 26-11 fourth period to put the game away.
Eisenhower's great one-two combination of sophomore Reed Timmer (25) and senior Keith Kahlfeldt (18) combined for 43 points while junior guard Austin Jones had 17 points and JJ Belknapp added 10.
Freshman guard Steffan Brown returned to the lineup and scored six points after missing the last four games with an injury.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East's Ripple, West's Larson excel at Early Bird swimming invite
- Wauwatosa East girls cross-country team looking for good things
- Wauwatosa West returnees should help girls cross-country team
- Wauwatosa East tennis team has nine returning players
- Wauwatosa East girls volleyball team looking for big improvement
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins 3 of 4 at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team has holes to fill
- Young Wauwatosa West soccer team will be counting on chemistry
- Wauwatosa girls golf team fourth at first GMC mini-meet
- Potter to lead Wauwatosa East boys cross-country team