The Wauwatosa West boys finished their regular season with a 15-game losing streak, which included 13 straight defeats in the Woodland Conference.
The 79-50 loss at New Berlin Eisenhower on Feb. 22 left the Trojans in last place in the six-team Black Division (2-15) with a 2-20 overall record.
The young Trojans stayed in the game with a 16-11 first quarter, but the Lions (13-4, 17-5) went on a 27-9 tear in the second quarter to take a 43-20 halftime lead.
But Tosa West didn't quit and went on a 19-10 run in the third quarter to cut the lead to a manageable 53-39 deficit. Unfortunately, Ike had an impressive 26-11 fourth period to put the game away.
Eisenhower's great one-two combination of sophomore Reed Timmer (25) and senior Keith Kahlfeldt (18) combined for 43 points while junior guard Austin Jones had 17 points and JJ Belknapp added 10.
Freshman guard Steffan Brown returned to the lineup and scored six points after missing the last four games with an injury.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East kickers have perfect week
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Wauwatosa West football team runs to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Wauwatosa East girls cross country team second at Angel Invite
- Wauwatosa West netters win third division title in 4 years
- Wauwatosa golfers take third in final GMC mini-meet
- Wauwtosa West girls volleyball team loses to Arrowhead in own title match
- Wauwatosa West boys volleyball team begins season 1-2
- Wauwatosa West boosters to host charity basketball game featuring former Packers
- Wauwatosa East kickers lose to MUHS, go 2-0 at Ashwaubenon quad