The Wauwatosa West boys finished their regular season with a 15-game losing streak, which included 13 straight defeats in the Woodland Conference.
The 79-50 loss at New Berlin Eisenhower on Feb. 22 left the Trojans in last place in the six-team Black Division (2-15) with a 2-20 overall record.
The young Trojans stayed in the game with a 16-11 first quarter, but the Lions (13-4, 17-5) went on a 27-9 tear in the second quarter to take a 43-20 halftime lead.
But Tosa West didn't quit and went on a 19-10 run in the third quarter to cut the lead to a manageable 53-39 deficit. Unfortunately, Ike had an impressive 26-11 fourth period to put the game away.
Eisenhower's great one-two combination of sophomore Reed Timmer (25) and senior Keith Kahlfeldt (18) combined for 43 points while junior guard Austin Jones had 17 points and JJ Belknapp added 10.
Freshman guard Steffan Brown returned to the lineup and scored six points after missing the last four games with an injury.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27