Through the first two weeks of the season the Wauwatosa West baseball team has compiled a 3-5 record and a 1-1 mark in the Woodland Conference Black Division going into this week's action.
The Trojans had eight returning players for coach Chad Mateske coming into this year - JJ Belknapp, Jacob Boudreaux, Matt Gillis, Tyler Gross, Travis Hudson, Austin Jones, Mickey Morgan and Ben Zachman.
Newcomers with promise to watch for according to Mateske are Willie Belknapp and Nick Orlowski.
After opening last week with a 8-5 win at Brown Deer, the Trojans dropped a conference game to Whitnall on June 5 and a non-conference game to Pius XI on June 7.
Whitnall used a six-run third inning to coast to a 6-3 victory. West scored a single run in the fourth and two in the sixth to make the game at Breitlow Field respectable.
West only managed three hits off three Falcon pitchers, including winning pitcher Josh Serio, who worked the first five innings.
Two days later, the Trojans dropped a 6-4 decision to the Popes at Breitlow Field.
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East's Bueckers nabs all-state honors for girls soccer
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim club results: June 30
- Seventh-inning rally sparks Wauwatosa East over West, 5-4
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team stays hot
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball snaps skid with wins over Eisenhower
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season