New Berlin West beat Wauwatosa West, 11-1, in six innings Thursday afternoon at New Berlin West in a Woodland Conference game and gave veteran coach Tom Farina his 200th career win.
The Vikings scored two runs in the first and second innings, one in the third, three in the fourth, one in the fifth and two in the six to end the game with the 10-run rule.
Lead-off hitter Zach Scholz scored four times, hitting a double, a triple, stealing two bases and getting hit by a pitch. Catcher Bryan Thiessenhusen drove in two runs, scored twice and had two hits, including a double. Brad Duggan got the win, pitching five shutout innings, allowing one walk, three hits and striking out one.
Tosa West freshman shortstop JJ Belknapp played an excellent defensive game and reached base with a walk and a single to center. Starting pitcher Kyle Heideman had a single and Tyler Gross ripped a double for the Trojans' three hits.
Heideman struggled with his control but still pitched a complete game for the Trojans, who only had 10 players available.
Heideman pitched 5.1 innings, allowing 12 hits, five walks and three hit batters, while fanning one.
Tosa West will play Tosa East at 3 p.m. on Saturday at Breitlow Field.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North