New Berlin West beat Wauwatosa West, 11-1, in six innings Thursday afternoon at New Berlin West in a Woodland Conference game and gave veteran coach Tom Farina his 200th career win.
The Vikings scored two runs in the first and second innings, one in the third, three in the fourth, one in the fifth and two in the six to end the game with the 10-run rule.
Lead-off hitter Zach Scholz scored four times, hitting a double, a triple, stealing two bases and getting hit by a pitch. Catcher Bryan Thiessenhusen drove in two runs, scored twice and had two hits, including a double. Brad Duggan got the win, pitching five shutout innings, allowing one walk, three hits and striking out one.
Tosa West freshman shortstop JJ Belknapp played an excellent defensive game and reached base with a walk and a single to center. Starting pitcher Kyle Heideman had a single and Tyler Gross ripped a double for the Trojans' three hits.
Heideman struggled with his control but still pitched a complete game for the Trojans, who only had 10 players available.
Heideman pitched 5.1 innings, allowing 12 hits, five walks and three hit batters, while fanning one.
Tosa West will play Tosa East at 3 p.m. on Saturday at Breitlow Field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Wraps: volleyball; cross country; soccer; golf
- Greendale turns to run to beat Wauwatosa West Trojans
- Wauwatosa East's offense has best outing of year
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins second straight Woodland title
- Wauwatosa West swimmers finish fourth at Woodland
- Wauwatosa East kickers have perfect week
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Wauwatosa West football team runs to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Wauwatosa East girls cross country team second at Angel Invite
- Wauwatosa West netters win third division title in 4 years