New Berlin West beat Wauwatosa West, 11-1, in six innings Thursday afternoon at New Berlin West in a Woodland Conference game and gave veteran coach Tom Farina his 200th career win.
The Vikings scored two runs in the first and second innings, one in the third, three in the fourth, one in the fifth and two in the six to end the game with the 10-run rule.
Lead-off hitter Zach Scholz scored four times, hitting a double, a triple, stealing two bases and getting hit by a pitch. Catcher Bryan Thiessenhusen drove in two runs, scored twice and had two hits, including a double. Brad Duggan got the win, pitching five shutout innings, allowing one walk, three hits and striking out one.
Tosa West freshman shortstop JJ Belknapp played an excellent defensive game and reached base with a walk and a single to center. Starting pitcher Kyle Heideman had a single and Tyler Gross ripped a double for the Trojans' three hits.
Heideman struggled with his control but still pitched a complete game for the Trojans, who only had 10 players available.
Heideman pitched 5.1 innings, allowing 12 hits, five walks and three hit batters, while fanning one.
Tosa West will play Tosa East at 3 p.m. on Saturday at Breitlow Field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Wauwatosa East girls softball team outslugs Bulldogs
- Younger Wauwatosa West soccer players impressing Bailey
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team ties with Falls in GMC opener
- Price to lead Wauwatosa West boys tennis team
- Young Homestead boys tennis team still figuring things out
- Tight End Camp set for June 17-18
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team surprised the critics
- Gardiner returns large, youthful girls track team for Wauwatosa East
- Sport Shorts: April 16, 2015