New Berlin West beat Wauwatosa West, 11-1, in six innings Thursday afternoon at New Berlin West in a Woodland Conference game and gave veteran coach Tom Farina his 200th career win.
The Vikings scored two runs in the first and second innings, one in the third, three in the fourth, one in the fifth and two in the six to end the game with the 10-run rule.
Lead-off hitter Zach Scholz scored four times, hitting a double, a triple, stealing two bases and getting hit by a pitch. Catcher Bryan Thiessenhusen drove in two runs, scored twice and had two hits, including a double. Brad Duggan got the win, pitching five shutout innings, allowing one walk, three hits and striking out one.
Tosa West freshman shortstop JJ Belknapp played an excellent defensive game and reached base with a walk and a single to center. Starting pitcher Kyle Heideman had a single and Tyler Gross ripped a double for the Trojans' three hits.
Heideman struggled with his control but still pitched a complete game for the Trojans, who only had 10 players available.
Heideman pitched 5.1 innings, allowing 12 hits, five walks and three hit batters, while fanning one.
Tosa West will play Tosa East at 3 p.m. on Saturday at Breitlow Field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays
- Wauwatosa East blasts Bulldogs, nips Spartans
- Late goal keeps Homestead girls soccer team in North Shore lead
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team ties top-ranked DSHA
- Wauwatosa East tennis team second at Beaver Dam Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls almost upset Arrowhead
- Wauwatosa West boys track and field team fourth in Woodland Relays
- Wauwatosa West girls second at Woodland Relays