Wauwatosa East qualified two doubles teams for the state tournament and finished second in the Brookfield Central Sectional on Wednesday.
Brookfield Central won the sectional and qualified for team state with 46 points, while coach Glen Slonac's team scored 29 to beat Brookfield East (28) for second.
Senior Rory O'Sullivan/sophomore Tracy Johnson won Flight 2 to qualify for state, while the senior doubles team of Peter Conis/Michael Rankin finished second in Flight 1 to qualify.
The top four teams qualify for state in Flight 1 and the top team in Flight 2 also makes it to state.
The State Individual Tournament is next Thursday through Saturday in Madison's Nielsen Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baun wins three events as Brown Deer trackmen third in Woodland
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team loses heartbreaker to Brookfield East
- Wauwatosa East whips West 11-1 at Helfaer Field
- Wauwatosa West girls win 21st Woodland Championship
- Wauwatosa East returns nine letter winners on the diamond
- Jacksons of Wauwatosa West earn two first-place finishes
- Wauwatosa West's Price wins No. 1 singles championship at Woodland tennis tourney
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays