Wauwatosa East qualified two doubles teams for the state tournament and finished second in the Brookfield Central Sectional on Wednesday.
Brookfield Central won the sectional and qualified for team state with 46 points, while coach Glen Slonac's team scored 29 to beat Brookfield East (28) for second.
Senior Rory O'Sullivan/sophomore Tracy Johnson won Flight 2 to qualify for state, while the senior doubles team of Peter Conis/Michael Rankin finished second in Flight 1 to qualify.
The top four teams qualify for state in Flight 1 and the top team in Flight 2 also makes it to state.
The State Individual Tournament is next Thursday through Saturday in Madison's Nielsen Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West outslugs Kettle Moraine in wood bat tourney
- Wauwatosa East loses four more games
- Wauwatosa West splits with Pius on the diamond
- Wauwatosa East's pitching struggles in loss to Lancers
- Schmanski sets Wauwatosa East RBI record
- Wauwatosa West softball players receive all-conference recognition
- 6 Wauwatosa West soccer players earn all-conference recognition
- Baseball: North steals game from league leader West
- Wauwatosa East's Govan, Fisher named co-MVPs
- Wauwatosa West baseball team splits two games in light week