Wauwatosa East qualified two doubles teams for the state tournament and finished second in the Brookfield Central Sectional on Wednesday.
Brookfield Central won the sectional and qualified for team state with 46 points, while coach Glen Slonac's team scored 29 to beat Brookfield East (28) for second.
Senior Rory O'Sullivan/sophomore Tracy Johnson won Flight 2 to qualify for state, while the senior doubles team of Peter Conis/Michael Rankin finished second in Flight 1 to qualify.
The top four teams qualify for state in Flight 1 and the top team in Flight 2 also makes it to state.
The State Individual Tournament is next Thursday through Saturday in Madison's Nielsen Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nine starters returning for Wauwatosa co-op wrestling team
- Wauwatosa co-ed swim team grows in numbers
- Sophomore Celia Ripple named Tosa East's Most Valuable Swimmer
- Plaisted named boys volleyball state player of the year
- Slow start dooms Tosa West boys basketball team in Woodland opener
- Ederesinghe scores 18 in Tosa East boys basketball team's opener
- Larson earns Tosa West's Most Valuable swimmer honors
- Purifoy, Lewis, Veit named Tosa West football MVPs
- Niles named West boys volleyball MVP
- Football: Wauwatosa West last played for state football title in 1982