Wauwatosa East qualified two doubles teams for the state tournament and finished second in the Brookfield Central Sectional on Wednesday.
Brookfield Central won the sectional and qualified for team state with 46 points, while coach Glen Slonac's team scored 29 to beat Brookfield East (28) for second.
Senior Rory O'Sullivan/sophomore Tracy Johnson won Flight 2 to qualify for state, while the senior doubles team of Peter Conis/Michael Rankin finished second in Flight 1 to qualify.
The top four teams qualify for state in Flight 1 and the top team in Flight 2 also makes it to state.
The State Individual Tournament is next Thursday through Saturday in Madison's Nielsen Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball whips Milwaukee Madison
- West advances with 75-4 win over James Madison
- Bad fourth quarter ends Wauwatosa West boys basketball team's season
- Jr. Raiders set registration dates
- Castaneda earns medal at state wrestling
- Boys basketball: Whitefish Bay finds its tempo, downs Tosa East
- Boys basketball: Messmer rallies to beat Tosa West
- Falls defeats Tosa at team sectional
- Wheeler's free throws help Wauwatosa East boys upset Shorewood
- Boys basketball: East's Wheeler's free throws lead to upset of Shorewood