The Wauwatosa West girls won the Woodland Conference Triple Crown and the boys just fell short, finishing second on Tuesday at South Milwaukee.
The girls scored 112.5 points to beat the host Rockets (104) while the boys scored 143 points and finished behind Whitnall (148), losing their chance at their first triple crown since 2006.
Susannah Fricker took the girls' only first in the running events - winning the 800 (2:25.88) - while Ashlee Ballinger won the high jump (5-feet, 2 inches). The Trojans scored in 15 events showing their excellent balance.
Dylan Crafton was outstanding, winning 100-meter dash (10.92) and 200 (22.19) and was part of the winning 400 relay (44.11). He also took second in the long jump (19-10).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa wrestlers lose a toug one to Whitnall/Greendale
- Sports Wraps: Jan. 22
- Girls basketball: Tosa West emerges from league gauntlet with win
- Boys basketball: Tosa East adds rivalry win to growing resume
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa East grabs quality GMC win over Bulldogs
- Wauwatosa swimmers have successful week
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball loses to first-place Pirates in 2 OTs
- Wauwatosa West's Carroll breaks school scoring record
- Wauwatosa West girls struggle against Woodland West leaders
- Wauwatosa East girls look to turn around losing stretch