The Wauwatosa West girls won the Woodland Conference Triple Crown and the boys just fell short, finishing second on Tuesday at South Milwaukee.
The girls scored 112.5 points to beat the host Rockets (104) while the boys scored 143 points and finished behind Whitnall (148), losing their chance at their first triple crown since 2006.
Susannah Fricker took the girls' only first in the running events - winning the 800 (2:25.88) - while Ashlee Ballinger won the high jump (5-feet, 2 inches). The Trojans scored in 15 events showing their excellent balance.
Dylan Crafton was outstanding, winning 100-meter dash (10.92) and 200 (22.19) and was part of the winning 400 relay (44.11). He also took second in the long jump (19-10).
- Seventh-inning rally sparks Wauwatosa East over West, 5-4
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team stays hot
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball snaps skid with wins over Eisenhower
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season
- New records for Tosa Swim Club
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four in a row