The Wauwatosa West girls won the Woodland Conference Triple Crown and the boys just fell short, finishing second on Tuesday at South Milwaukee.
The girls scored 112.5 points to beat the host Rockets (104) while the boys scored 143 points and finished behind Whitnall (148), losing their chance at their first triple crown since 2006.
Susannah Fricker took the girls' only first in the running events - winning the 800 (2:25.88) - while Ashlee Ballinger won the high jump (5-feet, 2 inches). The Trojans scored in 15 events showing their excellent balance.
Dylan Crafton was outstanding, winning 100-meter dash (10.92) and 200 (22.19) and was part of the winning 400 relay (44.11). He also took second in the long jump (19-10).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Denny, Markwardt lead Tosa East past Trojans, 6-2
- Wauwatosa West comes away with two wins in five outings
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Wauwatosa West outslugs Kettle Moraine in wood bat tourney
- Wauwatosa East loses four more games
- Wauwatosa West splits with Pius on the diamond
- Wauwatosa East's pitching struggles in loss to Lancers
- Schmanski sets Wauwatosa East RBI record
- Wauwatosa West softball players receive all-conference recognition
- 6 Wauwatosa West soccer players earn all-conference recognition