Wauwatosa East has named former Red Raider star Jake Wolter as the new football coach replacing Tom Swittel, who recently took the same position with Brookfield East.
Wolter has been on the football staff at Tosa East since 2002 and he has coached the last seven years on the varsity. He was the defensive coordinator under Swittel for five seasons before behind moved to offensive coordinator the past two years.
Wolter was an all-state performer at Tosa East as a student, earning 14 letters in football (4), track (4), basketball (3) and baseball (4). He then went on to play basketball and football at UW - Whitewater and made All-American as a defensive back.
"It's a huge honor to get this position and having played under coach (John) Richmond and coach Swittel," Wolter said. "I grew up here since the third grade and I have strong ties with the program. It gives me a chance to share the love I have for Tosa East."
After interviewing Wolter, Tosa East principal Nick Hughes knew they had the right man for the job.
"It was clearly evident once he explained his vision for the porgam that we made the right choice," Hughes said.
Swittel took it a step further.
"He could be the greatest player in Tosa East history - he played football, track, basektball and baseball - and he was the most intense competitor I ever coached.
"And he will bring that intensity to his coaching."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team bounces back for victory
- Wauwatosa East volleyball team wins thriller against Trojans
- Wauwatosa East soccer team ties second-ranked Cedarburg
- Wauwatosa West football team blanks Vikings, earns playoff spot
- Wauwatosa East boys cross country team finished second at the Purgold Invite
- Wauwatosa East boys volleyball team beats Cedarburg
- Wauwatosa West swimmers defeat Greendale
- Wauwatosa East, West girls cross-country teams finish third, fourth at Purgold Invitational
- Wauwatosa West girls tennis finishes second in Woodland Tennis Tournament
- Wauwatosa West kickers split four games