Wauwatosa East has named former Red Raider star Jake Wolter as the new football coach replacing Tom Swittel, who recently took the same position with Brookfield East.
Wolter has been on the football staff at Tosa East since 2002 and he has coached the last seven years on the varsity. He was the defensive coordinator under Swittel for five seasons before behind moved to offensive coordinator the past two years.
Wolter was an all-state performer at Tosa East as a student, earning 14 letters in football (4), track (4), basketball (3) and baseball (4). He then went on to play basketball and football at UW - Whitewater and made All-American as a defensive back.
"It's a huge honor to get this position and having played under coach (John) Richmond and coach Swittel," Wolter said. "I grew up here since the third grade and I have strong ties with the program. It gives me a chance to share the love I have for Tosa East."
After interviewing Wolter, Tosa East principal Nick Hughes knew they had the right man for the job.
"It was clearly evident once he explained his vision for the porgam that we made the right choice," Hughes said.
Swittel took it a step further.
"He could be the greatest player in Tosa East history - he played football, track, basektball and baseball - and he was the most intense competitor I ever coached.
"And he will bring that intensity to his coaching."
- Wauwatosa lacrosse team beats eighth-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa West boys finish fourth at Woodland Relays
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team wins Woodland Conference championship
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East soccer team splits two games, loses Lily Brock to injury
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa East girls finish seventh at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa East boys fourth at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls track team runs away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney