Veteran football coach Tom Swittel has been named head coach at Brookfield East, East Athletic Director Corey Golla said Tuesday.
Swittel has coached football for 31 years, most recently at Wauwatosa East where he has been head coach for the past 15 years. He was head coach at Whitefish Bay Dominican from 1983-85 in addition to a long resume of coaching experience in both baseball and football during the past 30 years.
Swittel is the president of the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association and was inducted into the same organization’s Hall of Fame in March of 2009.
Some of Swittel’s other accolades are:
- 1995 Woodland Conference Football Coach of the Year
- 2003 Wisconsin Football Coaches Association District 22 Coach of the Year
- 2003 Greater Metro Conference Coach of the Year
- 2007 Wisconsin Football Coach All-Star Game, South Head Coach
- 2007 NOW Football Coach of the Year
"The addition of coach Swittel to our athletic program is exciting to everyone at Brookfield East," Golla said. "His integrity, knowledge, and experience lend our program instant credibility. The excitement for the future of Spartan football in our community is palpable."
Swittel will continue in his current role as head of guidance at Wauwatosa East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nine starters returning for Wauwatosa co-op wrestling team
- Wauwatosa co-ed swim team grows in numbers
- Sophomore Celia Ripple named Tosa East's Most Valuable Swimmer
- Plaisted named boys volleyball state player of the year
- Slow start dooms Tosa West boys basketball team in Woodland opener
- Ederesinghe scores 18 in Tosa East boys basketball team's opener
- Larson earns Tosa West's Most Valuable swimmer honors
- Purifoy, Lewis, Veit named Tosa West football MVPs
- Niles named West boys volleyball MVP
- Football: Wauwatosa West last played for state football title in 1982