Veteran football coach Tom Swittel has been named head coach at Brookfield East, East Athletic Director Corey Golla said Tuesday.
Swittel has coached football for 31 years, most recently at Wauwatosa East where he has been head coach for the past 15 years. He was head coach at Whitefish Bay Dominican from 1983-85 in addition to a long resume of coaching experience in both baseball and football during the past 30 years.
Swittel is the president of the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association and was inducted into the same organization’s Hall of Fame in March of 2009.
Some of Swittel’s other accolades are:
- 1995 Woodland Conference Football Coach of the Year
- 2003 Wisconsin Football Coaches Association District 22 Coach of the Year
- 2003 Greater Metro Conference Coach of the Year
- 2007 Wisconsin Football Coach All-Star Game, South Head Coach
- 2007 NOW Football Coach of the Year
"The addition of coach Swittel to our athletic program is exciting to everyone at Brookfield East," Golla said. "His integrity, knowledge, and experience lend our program instant credibility. The excitement for the future of Spartan football in our community is palpable."
Swittel will continue in his current role as head of guidance at Wauwatosa East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Defense shines in Wauwatosa's first victory
- Mukwonago ends Wauwatosa East's season, 4-1
- Wauwatosa West's Veit ends season on sidelines
- Slow start, stranded runners hurt Tosa West
- New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team wins regional championship
- Wauwatosa Spartans to begin MidStates Football action
- Wauwatosa East beats Nicolet, loses to Packers in finale
- Belknapp, Veit give Wauwatosa West a solid battery combination