Brewers Director of Alumni Relations and FOX Sports Wisconsin broadcaster Davey Nelson will host a celebrity golf tournament June 7 at the Original Championship Blackwolf Run Golf Course in Kohler, 60 miles north of Milwaukee.
The 18-Hole Davey Nelson Celebrity Golf Tournament will begin at noon and will be followed by a cocktail and dinner reception with silent and live auctions. An awards ceremony will take place later that evening. Celebrity guests scheduled to golf in the tournament include Robin Yount, Gorman Thomas and a host of others.
All teams will be made up of five people, and play will be in a scramble format with team prizes awarded to the top finishers. Registrations are being accepted for foursomes, and a celebrity golfer will be paired with each group to make up the five-person team. Registration fees are $2,500 per foursome, with all proceeds benefiting Open Arms Home for Children in South Africa and Brewers Community Foundation.
A golf clinic will take place at 10 a.m., and a lunch buffet will be served prior to the start of the tournament. The tournament is limited to 28 foursomes. For additional information or to sign up, interested participants can visit brewers.com/davey.
Open Arms Home for Children is a nonprofit organization that provides homes to orphaned children affected by the AIDS pandemic in South Africa. Dave Nelson has served as a board director for more than four years.
The Brewers Community Foundation is the official charity of the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club. The mission of Brewers Community Foundation is to support activities and programs targeted at youth recreation, scholarship and education throughout Milwaukee and Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee School of Engineering AD Dan Harris announces retirement
- Brewers Mini-Marathon and 10K set for Sept. 26
- Wauwatosa West's inexperience affects season in close losses
- Six Wauwatosa East baseball players earn GMC honors on some level
- Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season