Brewers Director of Alumni Relations and FOX Sports Wisconsin broadcaster Davey Nelson will host a celebrity golf tournament June 7 at the Original Championship Blackwolf Run Golf Course in Kohler, 60 miles north of Milwaukee.
The 18-Hole Davey Nelson Celebrity Golf Tournament will begin at noon and will be followed by a cocktail and dinner reception with silent and live auctions. An awards ceremony will take place later that evening. Celebrity guests scheduled to golf in the tournament include Robin Yount, Gorman Thomas and a host of others.
All teams will be made up of five people, and play will be in a scramble format with team prizes awarded to the top finishers. Registrations are being accepted for foursomes, and a celebrity golfer will be paired with each group to make up the five-person team. Registration fees are $2,500 per foursome, with all proceeds benefiting Open Arms Home for Children in South Africa and Brewers Community Foundation.
A golf clinic will take place at 10 a.m., and a lunch buffet will be served prior to the start of the tournament. The tournament is limited to 28 foursomes. For additional information or to sign up, interested participants can visit brewers.com/davey.
Open Arms Home for Children is a nonprofit organization that provides homes to orphaned children affected by the AIDS pandemic in South Africa. Dave Nelson has served as a board director for more than four years.
The Brewers Community Foundation is the official charity of the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club. The mission of Brewers Community Foundation is to support activities and programs targeted at youth recreation, scholarship and education throughout Milwaukee and Wisconsin.
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: Players sign with colleges, baseball fundraiser, more
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West sprinters stand out at Kansas Relays
- Boys Track and field: Wauwatosa West' Hannah-Howell, Jefferson shine at Sun Prairie Track Meet
- Boys Tennis: Wauwatosa West tennis team wins three of four at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Boys Golf: Wauwatosa golfers finish fifth at first GMC mini meet
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East kickers go 2-1 at Mt. Prospect Invitational, lose to DSHA, beat Homestead
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West soccer team tied for first in Woodland with 4-0 record
- Football: Matt Kender is Wauwatosa East's new football coach
- Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team has two productive meets