Brewers Director of Alumni Relations and FOX Sports Wisconsin broadcaster Davey Nelson will host a celebrity golf tournament June 7 at the Original Championship Blackwolf Run Golf Course in Kohler, 60 miles north of Milwaukee.
The 18-Hole Davey Nelson Celebrity Golf Tournament will begin at noon and will be followed by a cocktail and dinner reception with silent and live auctions. An awards ceremony will take place later that evening. Celebrity guests scheduled to golf in the tournament include Robin Yount, Gorman Thomas and a host of others.
All teams will be made up of five people, and play will be in a scramble format with team prizes awarded to the top finishers. Registrations are being accepted for foursomes, and a celebrity golfer will be paired with each group to make up the five-person team. Registration fees are $2,500 per foursome, with all proceeds benefiting Open Arms Home for Children in South Africa and Brewers Community Foundation.
A golf clinic will take place at 10 a.m., and a lunch buffet will be served prior to the start of the tournament. The tournament is limited to 28 foursomes. For additional information or to sign up, interested participants can visit brewers.com/davey.
Open Arms Home for Children is a nonprofit organization that provides homes to orphaned children affected by the AIDS pandemic in South Africa. Dave Nelson has served as a board director for more than four years.
The Brewers Community Foundation is the official charity of the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club. The mission of Brewers Community Foundation is to support activities and programs targeted at youth recreation, scholarship and education throughout Milwaukee and Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa wrestlers bring home three champions
- Sports Note: Dec. 12
- Tosa East girls basketball team seeing positive results early on
- Tosa West boys basketball team continues to roll
- Tosa East boys basketball team opens conference season Friday
- Jones brilliant in Tosa West's win over Rockets
- Nine starters returning for Wauwatosa co-op wrestling team
- Wauwatosa co-ed swim team grows in numbers
- Sophomore Celia Ripple named Tosa East's Most Valuable Swimmer
- Plaisted named boys volleyball state player of the year