For the 10th consecutive season, the Wauwatosa West girls basketball team's season has ended short of the sectional.
And for the second straight season, the Divine Savior Holy Angels Dashers extended the Trojans' streak.
DSHA's Kelly Brandenburg scored 15 points to lead her team to a 46-38 victory over West (17-7) in a regional final at DSHA on Saturday.
The Dashers (17-7) broke the game open with a 15-0 run from the end of the second quarter into the third, a run that snapped an 18-18 tie. DSHA never led by fewer than seven points the rest of the way.
The Trojans struggled to get into an offensive flow. Through three quarters, they had 16 turnovers compared to 20 shot attempts.
West senior Molly Boyle scored a game-high 17 points including three 3-pointers.
The Trojans, who have not played in a sectional game since 2000, lost to DSHA, 28-12, in last year's regional final.
DSHA will play Pius in a sectional semifinal at 8 p.m. Friday at Whitefish Bay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nine starters returning for Wauwatosa co-op wrestling team
- Wauwatosa co-ed swim team grows in numbers
- Sophomore Celia Ripple named Tosa East's Most Valuable Swimmer
- Plaisted named boys volleyball state player of the year
- Slow start dooms Tosa West boys basketball team in Woodland opener
- Ederesinghe scores 18 in Tosa East boys basketball team's opener
- Larson earns Tosa West's Most Valuable swimmer honors
- Purifoy, Lewis, Veit named Tosa West football MVPs
- Niles named West boys volleyball MVP
- Football: Wauwatosa West last played for state football title in 1982