For the 10th consecutive season, the Wauwatosa West girls basketball team's season has ended short of the sectional.
And for the second straight season, the Divine Savior Holy Angels Dashers extended the Trojans' streak.
DSHA's Kelly Brandenburg scored 15 points to lead her team to a 46-38 victory over West (17-7) in a regional final at DSHA on Saturday.
The Dashers (17-7) broke the game open with a 15-0 run from the end of the second quarter into the third, a run that snapped an 18-18 tie. DSHA never led by fewer than seven points the rest of the way.
The Trojans struggled to get into an offensive flow. Through three quarters, they had 16 turnovers compared to 20 shot attempts.
West senior Molly Boyle scored a game-high 17 points including three 3-pointers.
The Trojans, who have not played in a sectional game since 2000, lost to DSHA, 28-12, in last year's regional final.
DSHA will play Pius in a sectional semifinal at 8 p.m. Friday at Whitefish Bay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Wauwatosa East girls softball team outslugs Bulldogs
- Younger Wauwatosa West soccer players impressing Bailey
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team ties with Falls in GMC opener
- Price to lead Wauwatosa West boys tennis team
- Young Homestead boys tennis team still figuring things out
- Tight End Camp set for June 17-18
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team surprised the critics
- Gardiner returns large, youthful girls track team for Wauwatosa East
- Sport Shorts: April 16, 2015