For the 10th consecutive season, the Wauwatosa West girls basketball team's season has ended short of the sectional.
And for the second straight season, the Divine Savior Holy Angels Dashers extended the Trojans' streak.
DSHA's Kelly Brandenburg scored 15 points to lead her team to a 46-38 victory over West (17-7) in a regional final at DSHA on Saturday.
The Dashers (17-7) broke the game open with a 15-0 run from the end of the second quarter into the third, a run that snapped an 18-18 tie. DSHA never led by fewer than seven points the rest of the way.
The Trojans struggled to get into an offensive flow. Through three quarters, they had 16 turnovers compared to 20 shot attempts.
West senior Molly Boyle scored a game-high 17 points including three 3-pointers.
The Trojans, who have not played in a sectional game since 2000, lost to DSHA, 28-12, in last year's regional final.
DSHA will play Pius in a sectional semifinal at 8 p.m. Friday at Whitefish Bay.
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East upsets Menomonee Falls in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four of last five games
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team falls to Marquette in Greater Metro semifinals
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers win first game
- Football: Wauwatosa East's Kelnhofer to play in All-Star Game
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes Greater Metro regular season at .500
- Softball: Wauwatosa East's Schmanski continues to put her name in softball record books