Wauwatosa West - behind the efforts of Jackie Glaser and Mariah Smith - beat crosstown rival East, 55-45, Wednesday night at East.
Glaser scored 21 points and Smith added 18, as they sparked the Trojans to a 29-15 half-time lead. Glaser scored six points and Smith four in the first quarter which ended in a 10-10 tie. But then in the second quarter, West opened with a 6-0 run and then finished with a 12-1 run. Glaser and Smith eached scored eight points in the quarter and finished with 14 and 12, respectively.
Tosa East trailed 42-25 going into the final period, but East's Carly Herald had two back-to-back three point plays to help spark the Raiders at the end of the third quarter. The Red Raiders out-scored the Trojans 20-13 in the final period as Cara Walls had eight points in the quarter and Talisha Simpson and Alexa Kramer had five each.
Walls led Tosa East with 15 points while Simpson added nine.
Tosa West improved to 12-5 overall and Tosa East dropped to 3-13 with their seventh straight loss.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baun wins three events as Brown Deer trackmen third in Woodland
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team loses heartbreaker to Brookfield East
- Wauwatosa East whips West 11-1 at Helfaer Field
- Wauwatosa West girls win 21st Woodland Championship
- Wauwatosa East returns nine letter winners on the diamond
- Jacksons of Wauwatosa West earn two first-place finishes
- Wauwatosa West's Price wins No. 1 singles championship at Woodland tennis tourney
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays