Wauwatosa West - behind the efforts of Jackie Glaser and Mariah Smith - beat crosstown rival East, 55-45, Wednesday night at East.
Glaser scored 21 points and Smith added 18, as they sparked the Trojans to a 29-15 half-time lead. Glaser scored six points and Smith four in the first quarter which ended in a 10-10 tie. But then in the second quarter, West opened with a 6-0 run and then finished with a 12-1 run. Glaser and Smith eached scored eight points in the quarter and finished with 14 and 12, respectively.
Tosa East trailed 42-25 going into the final period, but East's Carly Herald had two back-to-back three point plays to help spark the Raiders at the end of the third quarter. The Red Raiders out-scored the Trojans 20-13 in the final period as Cara Walls had eight points in the quarter and Talisha Simpson and Alexa Kramer had five each.
Walls led Tosa East with 15 points while Simpson added nine.
Tosa West improved to 12-5 overall and Tosa East dropped to 3-13 with their seventh straight loss.
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls run away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team will rely on defense, depth in 2016
- Softball: Wauwatosa East softball teams beats West Allis Central in twinbill
- Sports Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East girls soccer team crushes West Allis Central, 11-0
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team seeks Woodland title
- Football: Wauwatosa East's Ryan Kelnhofer to play in summer All-Star game