Wauwatosa West - behind the efforts of Jackie Glaser and Mariah Smith - beat crosstown rival East, 55-45, Wednesday night at East.
Glaser scored 21 points and Smith added 18, as they sparked the Trojans to a 29-15 half-time lead. Glaser scored six points and Smith four in the first quarter which ended in a 10-10 tie. But then in the second quarter, West opened with a 6-0 run and then finished with a 12-1 run. Glaser and Smith eached scored eight points in the quarter and finished with 14 and 12, respectively.
Tosa East trailed 42-25 going into the final period, but East's Carly Herald had two back-to-back three point plays to help spark the Raiders at the end of the third quarter. The Red Raiders out-scored the Trojans 20-13 in the final period as Cara Walls had eight points in the quarter and Talisha Simpson and Alexa Kramer had five each.
Walls led Tosa East with 15 points while Simpson added nine.
Tosa West improved to 12-5 overall and Tosa East dropped to 3-13 with their seventh straight loss.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Denny, Markwardt lead Tosa East past Trojans, 6-2
- Wauwatosa West comes away with two wins in five outings
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Wauwatosa West outslugs Kettle Moraine in wood bat tourney
- Wauwatosa East loses four more games
- Wauwatosa West splits with Pius on the diamond
- Wauwatosa East's pitching struggles in loss to Lancers
- Schmanski sets Wauwatosa East RBI record
- Wauwatosa West softball players receive all-conference recognition
- 6 Wauwatosa West soccer players earn all-conference recognition