Wauwatosa West - behind the efforts of Jackie Glaser and Mariah Smith - beat crosstown rival East, 55-45, Wednesday night at East.
Glaser scored 21 points and Smith added 18, as they sparked the Trojans to a 29-15 half-time lead. Glaser scored six points and Smith four in the first quarter which ended in a 10-10 tie. But then in the second quarter, West opened with a 6-0 run and then finished with a 12-1 run. Glaser and Smith eached scored eight points in the quarter and finished with 14 and 12, respectively.
Tosa East trailed 42-25 going into the final period, but East's Carly Herald had two back-to-back three point plays to help spark the Raiders at the end of the third quarter. The Red Raiders out-scored the Trojans 20-13 in the final period as Cara Walls had eight points in the quarter and Talisha Simpson and Alexa Kramer had five each.
Walls led Tosa East with 15 points while Simpson added nine.
Tosa West improved to 12-5 overall and Tosa East dropped to 3-13 with their seventh straight loss.
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: Players sign with colleges, baseball fundraiser, more
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West sprinters stand out at Kansas Relays
- Boys Track and field: Wauwatosa West' Hannah-Howell, Jefferson shine at Sun Prairie Track Meet
- Boys Tennis: Wauwatosa West tennis team wins three of four at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Boys Golf: Wauwatosa golfers finish fifth at first GMC mini meet
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East kickers go 2-1 at Mt. Prospect Invitational, lose to DSHA, beat Homestead
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West soccer team tied for first in Woodland with 4-0 record
- Football: Matt Kender is Wauwatosa East's new football coach
- Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team has two productive meets