Darrell Bowie scored 17 of his game-high 21 points to lead Wauwatosa East to a 61-47 win at West Allis Central on Friday.
Bowie made 13 of 15 free throws, including eight of 10 in the fourth quarter to lead a remarkable display of foul shooting by the Red Raiders (8-11, 5-6), who had lost their previous two games.
East was 28-for-30 from the foul line, made its first 18 attempts and scored its last 16 points on 16-of-18 foul shooting.
West Allis Central's Nick Starich hit a pair of free throws with 3:06 remaining to pull the Bulldogs (9-10, 4-7) within six at 45-39. But the Red Raiders put the game away at the line.
Central freshman point guard Jarvis Garrett scored his team-high 15 points in the second half.
The game was the first for Central coach Mike Jossie since undergoing surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from his testicle Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27
- Wauwatosa wrestlers claim Cougar Invitational