Darrell Bowie scored 17 of his game-high 21 points to lead Wauwatosa East to a 61-47 win at West Allis Central on Friday.
Bowie made 13 of 15 free throws, including eight of 10 in the fourth quarter to lead a remarkable display of foul shooting by the Red Raiders (8-11, 5-6), who had lost their previous two games.
East was 28-for-30 from the foul line, made its first 18 attempts and scored its last 16 points on 16-of-18 foul shooting.
West Allis Central's Nick Starich hit a pair of free throws with 3:06 remaining to pull the Bulldogs (9-10, 4-7) within six at 45-39. But the Red Raiders put the game away at the line.
Central freshman point guard Jarvis Garrett scored his team-high 15 points in the second half.
The game was the first for Central coach Mike Jossie since undergoing surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from his testicle Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team surprised the critics
- Gardiner returns large, youthful girls track team for Wauwatosa East
- Sport Shorts: April 16, 2015
- Wauwatosa West's Carroll, Brown set several school records
- Wauwatosa West softball team has 0-3 week
- SPORTS NOTES APRIL 16
- Zabala spark Wauwatosa West kickers over Bradford in opener
- Wauwatosa East tennis team has eight returnees
- Tosa East kickers tie North, beat Madison West
- Wauwatosa East boys track team seventh at GMC Indoor