Dennis McBride, one of the Fourth District Aldermen in Wauwatosa, has donated his monthly alderman's salary to Mike Landisch's fund.
The city of Wauwatosa - East and West sides - have come together to suport Landisch, the Wauwatosa West boys basketball coach who recently was diganosed with kidney cancer. Tosa West had a night for Landisch last Friday at the boys game. Tosa East had a night last Tuesday for the boys game and will have another on Tuesday when the girls teams from East and West play.
It was also announced earlier today that the school's portion of the 50/50 raffle at the Menomonee Falls/Brookfield East game will be donated to Landisch.
"The sense of community in Tosa and other communities has come through because of this," McBride said. "Even though we compete in athletics, everyone has come together for this."
The alderman's monthly salary (after taxes) is $323.22, but McBride is is rounding his check up to $325.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Denny, Markwardt lead Tosa East past Trojans, 6-2
- Wauwatosa West comes away with two wins in five outings
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Wauwatosa West outslugs Kettle Moraine in wood bat tourney
- Wauwatosa East loses four more games
- Wauwatosa West splits with Pius on the diamond
- Wauwatosa East's pitching struggles in loss to Lancers
- Schmanski sets Wauwatosa East RBI record
- Wauwatosa West softball players receive all-conference recognition
- 6 Wauwatosa West soccer players earn all-conference recognition