The Brookfield East basketball program has found a small way to reach out and help Wauwatosa West coach Mike Landisch, who is battling kidney cancer.
The Spartans will have their usual 50/50 raffle tonight when first-place Menomonee Falls comes to East for a 7:30 p.m. game.
Fans purchased raffle tickets for three quarters and then the winner is announced. The winner keeps half the money and the program keeps the other half. Brookfield East will donate its half to Landisch and there is a hope that the winner will do the same.
"It is something we wanted to do for Mike and his family," East coach Andy Farley said. "We wish him best of luck."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's inexperience affects season in close losses
- Six Wauwatosa East baseball players earn GMC honors on some level
- Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale