The Brookfield East basketball program has found a small way to reach out and help Wauwatosa West coach Mike Landisch, who is battling kidney cancer.
The Spartans will have their usual 50/50 raffle tonight when first-place Menomonee Falls comes to East for a 7:30 p.m. game.
Fans purchased raffle tickets for three quarters and then the winner is announced. The winner keeps half the money and the program keeps the other half. Brookfield East will donate its half to Landisch and there is a hope that the winner will do the same.
"It is something we wanted to do for Mike and his family," East coach Andy Farley said. "We wish him best of luck."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West baseball coach sees improved pitching and defense ahead
- Wauwatosa East baseball swinging for consistency
- Wauwatosa West softball team edges Tosa East in thriller
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: May 23
- SportsShorts: May 23
- Wauwatosa West girls track and field team wins West Allis Central Regional
- Wauwatosa East's Pridgeon wins both hurdle events at West Allis Central Regional
- Wauwatosa East girls track and field team send a dozen to sectional
- Wauwatosa West boys track and field team sends 15 to sectionals
- Red Raiders girls soccer had red-hot week