The Brookfield East basketball program has found a small way to reach out and help Wauwatosa West coach Mike Landisch, who is battling kidney cancer.
The Spartans will have their usual 50/50 raffle tonight when first-place Menomonee Falls comes to East for a 7:30 p.m. game.
Fans purchased raffle tickets for three quarters and then the winner is announced. The winner keeps half the money and the program keeps the other half. Brookfield East will donate its half to Landisch and there is a hope that the winner will do the same.
"It is something we wanted to do for Mike and his family," East coach Andy Farley said. "We wish him best of luck."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Video: Folley gives Wauwatosa program's first wrestling champion
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down stretch for Tosa West
- Wauwatosa's Folley and Reagan advance to state wrestling semis
- Bailey Berlin's 18 points sparks Wauwatosa East girls win
- Trojans crush Whitnall behind Brown, Bartlett, Jr., Carroll
- Wauwatosa's Folley, Reagan, Morrow heading to state
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team crushes Brookfield East to hold second
- Wauwatosa West's Imperiale sees similarities in Wisconsin Lutheran
- Larson leads way for Tosa Hurricanes
- SPORTS WRAPS: Feb. 19