The Brookfield East basketball program has found a small way to reach out and help Wauwatosa West coach Mike Landisch, who is battling kidney cancer.
The Spartans will have their usual 50/50 raffle tonight when first-place Menomonee Falls comes to East for a 7:30 p.m. game.
Fans purchased raffle tickets for three quarters and then the winner is announced. The winner keeps half the money and the program keeps the other half. Brookfield East will donate its half to Landisch and there is a hope that the winner will do the same.
"It is something we wanted to do for Mike and his family," East coach Andy Farley said. "We wish him best of luck."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27