Freshman sensation Anthony Carroll scored 42 points and sparked Wauwatosa West past Racine Horlick, 94-87, at home Tuesday night in a non-conference game between two top teams.
Tosa West is now 11-5 overall, while Horlick is 9-6, 5-2 in the Southeast Conference.
The Trojans led 44-38 at half-time and then exploded for 30 points in the third period to take a 74-59 lead into the final period. Only a 28-20 advantage by the Rebels made the game close at the end.
Besides Carroll's 42 points was Ray Sterling with 23, Jarvis Ashley with 14 and Sam Krenzien with 10. Davontae Mullen had 36 points and Xavier Scaife added 21 for the Rebels.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Danny Larson, it's all about the team
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team bounces back to beat New Berlin West
- Folley, Miller bring home gold at Woodland Meet as Tosa finishes third
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team drops five in a row
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team defeats Menomonee Falls to snap 3-game losing streak
- Big Cheese Classic National Wheelchair Basketball tourney set for Feb. 20-21
- Wauwatosa's Larson wins two swimming championship
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team drops third straight game
- Five Wauwatosa East student-athletes to play at collegiate level
- Wauwatosa's Beekman to play football at Southern A&M