Freshman sensation Anthony Carroll scored 42 points and sparked Wauwatosa West past Racine Horlick, 94-87, at home Tuesday night in a non-conference game between two top teams.
Tosa West is now 11-5 overall, while Horlick is 9-6, 5-2 in the Southeast Conference.
The Trojans led 44-38 at half-time and then exploded for 30 points in the third period to take a 74-59 lead into the final period. Only a 28-20 advantage by the Rebels made the game close at the end.
Besides Carroll's 42 points was Ray Sterling with 23, Jarvis Ashley with 14 and Sam Krenzien with 10. Davontae Mullen had 36 points and Xavier Scaife added 21 for the Rebels.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Tosa West kickers beat Falcons, Vikings
- Tosa West girls track and field team dominates in winning Woodland West Division Indoor Championship
- Couri Insurance wins City Basketball Title
- Tosa West girls soccer team goes 1-1-1 in first week of season
- Cavs, Dashers beat Tosa East
- Wauwatosa West boys track wins Case Classic Invitational
- Tosa East boys tennis team returns eight letterwinners
- East kickers blanked Pius, 2-0, for first win
- Ashley Lindstrom named Wauwatosa West girls basketball MVP