Freshman sensation Anthony Carroll scored 42 points and sparked Wauwatosa West past Racine Horlick, 94-87, at home Tuesday night in a non-conference game between two top teams.
Tosa West is now 11-5 overall, while Horlick is 9-6, 5-2 in the Southeast Conference.
The Trojans led 44-38 at half-time and then exploded for 30 points in the third period to take a 74-59 lead into the final period. Only a 28-20 advantage by the Rebels made the game close at the end.
Besides Carroll's 42 points was Ray Sterling with 23, Jarvis Ashley with 14 and Sam Krenzien with 10. Davontae Mullen had 36 points and Xavier Scaife added 21 for the Rebels.
- Wauwatosa lacrosse team beats eighth-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa West boys finish fourth at Woodland Relays
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team wins Woodland Conference championship
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East soccer team splits two games, loses Lily Brock to injury
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa East girls finish seventh at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa East boys fourth at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls track team runs away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney