Freshman sensation Anthony Carroll scored 42 points and sparked Wauwatosa West past Racine Horlick, 94-87, at home Tuesday night in a non-conference game between two top teams.
Tosa West is now 11-5 overall, while Horlick is 9-6, 5-2 in the Southeast Conference.
The Trojans led 44-38 at half-time and then exploded for 30 points in the third period to take a 74-59 lead into the final period. Only a 28-20 advantage by the Rebels made the game close at the end.
Besides Carroll's 42 points was Ray Sterling with 23, Jarvis Ashley with 14 and Sam Krenzien with 10. Davontae Mullen had 36 points and Xavier Scaife added 21 for the Rebels.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Red Raiders girls soccer had red-hot week
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: May 16
- Sports notes
- Wauwatosa West track teams take second in Woodland
- Wauwatosa golfers hoping to hold on to fourth
- West teams compete at Falls, Hale Invites
- Trojans win three conference tilts
- SPORT SHORTS: May 14
- SKY'S TAKE
- West kickers nip Red Raiders, 1-0